Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chapter Ten: Growing Stronger Together

jta10-1920x1080.jpg

While we’re relaxing with a nice frosty glass of our favorite beverage, we overhear some other tavern patrons mention that the village has been struggling for resources and funds as they look to welcome more citizens and grow their borders. With our assistance, the local government could likely expand the village’s services to help identify our mysterious jewel!

How should we help expand the village?

🐱‍👤 Defeat bandits nearby for their gold
⛏ Go mining and fishing for resources
community_management.gif

Chapter Ten: Growing Stronger Together 140 votes

🐱‍👤 Defeat bandits nearby for their gold
57% 81 votes
⛏ Go mining and fishing for resources
42% 59 votes

Comments

• Options
    GO-go! Get those Bandits. :) Steal back that which was stolen.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    LethalityLethality Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Uh, fishing. Duh.
    World Class Indoorsman
  • Options
    horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Bah, The mayor should raise taxes so everyone pays. Then we defeat the bandits, pay a smidgen of gold for taxes and pocket the rest!
  • Options
    Why not do both! Yes please!
  • Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    So looking through the events...

We came through a portal,

Headed towards the mountains,

Found a gem in a bush,

Reached the SNOWY mountains and spotted others incoming,

Got attacked in the not-snowy autumnal mountains,

Tank and Mage land the first strike on the bridge,

Cleric heals the party on the bridge and enemies try to surrender because they knew they stole the Gem,

We keep attacking on a springtime/summertime road until the enemy retreats with our gem--and we finally realize this,

Fighter catches up to the Rogue further up the springtime/summertime path to make them drop the gem,

We spot and head towards the science town that we identify by the rooftops to find something to do with the Gem,

We hear from tavern patrons that the village has been struggling to get resources and funds.

So in my own personal politics, I've learned that the best help comes from asking people in need what they need, rather than unilaterally deciding what they need and expecting praise and favors upon delivery. I want a 3rd decision: ASK THE MAYOR WHAT THEY NEED MOST! And likewise, if we are trying to get them to expand to gem identification services, it would be worth asking the mayor if that is in their plans to begin with, rather than demanding it when we arrive with a stash of bandit gold or a pile of materials.

Short of that, if there's bandits, and the town has a hard time getting resources, it is probably fair to expect that they are having a bandit problem. Make an inspiring speech about how the town must take control of its territory in order to protect their sovereignty, recruit any willing locals to the raid party, and get tips from locals on where the nearby bandits and their routes are at.

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Defeat the bandits. Nothing like a drunken fight to stir the mind and soul.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    What about the gem...
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY BROTHERS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

And what about the gem though?!?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DargronDargron Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If there are bandits about, they must be dealt with.

No point gathering more resources if those resources will just end up in the hands of the bandits instead of the town.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The youtube poll is currently 50/50. The troll is strong with this one!
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AmarAmar Member
    edited February 2021
    dargron wrote: »
    If there are bandits about, they must be dealt with.

No point gathering more resources if those resources will just end up in the hands of the bandits instead of the town.

I agree thoroughly with this...^^... Zero point to getting resources that will just be stolen when we're out gathering more. Since the village doesn't have the capability to tell us about the gem without expansion might as well take care of the bandit problem first. Never forget "The Seven Samurai"... That"s "The Magnificent Seven" for those of you who like the remaking of a perfectly good story... ;):p Besides if we loose to the bandits we won't need the gem anyway. And if we win never know what goodies they may have taken... After all there is such a thing as payment for services rendered...so the town doesn't get everything back necessarily... Kill The Bandits!!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Safety first, before innovation.

Defeat the Bandits!
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Defeating bandits is my priority :*
  • Options
    I heard bandit bones can be used for construction or crafting.
    And bandit meat ... sorry, flesh makes good fertilizer
    And bandit blood (blood of thy enemy) is a versatile alchemy reagent.

Let's go to the bandit camp for some *cough* PROPER resource harvesting.
  • Options
    The neighborhood doesn't seem very safe. Blood for gold all the way.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Fishing all day, trapping all night. That just be the hunter's life.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The instagram vote is opposite and is going mining. First time it's not agreed with the forum votes. Hopefully they go down different paths and then i can have TWO paths.

giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    The instagram vote is opposite and is going mining. First time it's not agreed with the forum votes. Hopefully they go down different paths and then i can have TWO paths.

giphy.gif

Civil war is brewing.
    I propose a fight to the death!

Or what if we killed the bandits in the mine? :p
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    GodIsHereForUGodIsHereForU Member
    edited February 2021
    purge the heretics and claim their stolen goods... and skim a little off the top.
  • Options
    Brothers of the mine rejoice!
    Swing, swing, swing with me
    Raise your pick and raise your voice!
    Sing, sing, sing with me
    Down and down into the deep
    Who knows what we'll find beneath?
    Diamonds, rubies, gold and more
    Hidden in the mountain store

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
    Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
    Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
    To dig and dig makes us free
    Come on brothers sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy, diggy hole, diggy, diggy hole
    I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy, diggy hole, digging a hole
  • Options
    I would love to see some diversification in the meaning of our PVP attacks.
    Maybe some Rogues on a infiltration mission at one of our enemy neighboring castles to strick a surprise attach! Straight into there economy system!! This could increase the value in the market pricing of our kingdom.
    "Sobatage" !!
  • Options
    Don't worry Greatbox I'm a Rogue I'll take the lead and find the bandit camp for us... Follow me... oh wait you can't see me can you... I'll be back...lol
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited February 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    mrwaffles wrote: »

giphy.gif

Civil war is brewing.
    I propose a fight to the death!

Or what if we killed the bandits in the mine? :p

Nah, we kill the bandits, then we kill the folks who went mining and take their gatherables.

...... Wait, why is my name red now?
  • Options
    LuthienstormLuthienstorm Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Go mining, you know something lurks in the deep.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    [quote
    And what about the gem though?!?[/quote]

I wish mining was tunnelling and following veins :) not just surface mats

• Options
    A hybrid way. A tunnel providing minerals and equipment. Bandits live there and you have to defeat them to get the materials. Perhaps not all roads in this tunnel are guarded
  • Options
    Bandits are a constant resource drain on the local area. Let's turn up the heat, kill them a few times over until they move elsewhere.

"I heard that the bandits stole a large shipment of beer." That should do it.

Two days later.....

"Unfortunately when we caught up with the Bandits they had already drunk every lasht drop of beer. We all smell of beer, because of the ferocioush close quarters fighting necessary to bring the bandits to jushtish. Even the Mage, who is currently sleeping off a hangover headache. From the battle. Thush rests the case for the defense, your Honour. Hic."
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    Maybe there must be dealt with the bandits and AFTER that we have to gather gold and ressources for the village....because if you wanna grow as a city you have to take care of your economics and safety
  • Options
    QqhiIDX.png
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    The youtube poll is currently 50/50. The troll is strong with this one!

I heard they may have coordinated to make it this perfectly balanced! 🤣
    Skylarck wrote: »
    What about the gem...

As this village you've rolled into is still growing, it doesn't sound like they've attracted the experts you'll need to identify your glowing goody quite yet! 😉
    I heard bandit bones can be used for construction or crafting.

Um...what are you planning to construct with those bones, good sir? 🤔
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    "Unfortunately when we caught up with the Bandits they had already drunk every lasht drop of beer."

First the tavern, then the beer bandits...we might start to get a reputation around these parts >>
    community_management.gif