Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts & Caravans 🐎

Since we will be able to breed our mounts for better stats, i'm curious if we can hook up said mounts to our caravans? I noticed that caravan skins also change the appearance of the animals pulling it so i'm not sure if the animals pulling are just part of the caravan. I think it would be a nice feature to be able to choose which animal we want pulling the caravan. I also hope they don't neglect the mules.

I'm wondering if caravans will just be something that spawns when we decide to start a route, or if we will be able to craft/purchase our own caravans of different tiers. Would be nice to at least have a little animation of our character's setting up the caravan, nothing crazy just some short animation to make it more immersive.

I'm still hoping mounts will be less like WoW and more like BDO, I really love how immersive BDO feels because of how the horses actually have a presence. So instead of spawning our mounts in and out of existence I do wish they'd make it so we get them at a nearby stable. Maybe make some sort of enchanted item that can be bound to a specific mount to spawn them for higher level players. This is something that for me personally is on the top of my list of what will make or break an mmorpg, I like to feel immersed as if I'm living another life in a fantasy world. One thing I hated about WoW was the mounts, I didn't feel like most of them even looked like they belonged in the universe. Just people sitting on their obnoxious mounts all over Orgrimmar.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2021
    Judeth wrote: Β»

i'm curious if we can hook up said mounts to our caravans?
    Yes we can.
  • Options
    DargronDargron Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Pretty sure a caravan is a single entity, of which the mounts are part of the caravan (components used in its construction), so it is unlikely you would be able to hitch and unhitch your personal mount to a caravan.

The two main types of caravan that we know of are the quest caravans, and the personal caravans.
    The quest caravans seem to be spawned by the node, and players likely have little control over their appearance, stats, or pretty much anything except what time the caravan is launched and the destination. Would be nice to at least be able to invest in some standard upgrades to these caravans for more speed, more armour, more guards, etc (kinda like paying for regular or express post).

The personal caravans are the ones crafted by players where we presumably have a lot of control over the customisation. It's entirely possible that the quality of the mounts you use in the construction of the caravan might have some impact on the appearance and the stats of the final caravan to perhaps make it faster, more manoeuvrable, or more durable. The interesting part will be that there will be a few crafting professions required to collaborate to create a finished caravan, so it will be interesting to see how much effort is involved to acquire a caravan that has your perfect blend of individual appearance and stats, not to mention how easy it is to replace when it is inevitably destroyed (I imagine this will be the appeal of caravan skins - just throw your preferred skin on any old caravan you could get your hands on).
  • Options
    I'd like to see the mount stats affect the caravan stats. For example, if you use a really fast mount for the caravan component, the speed of the caravan is quicker.

I'm hoping that's what this means:
    "Caravan components obtained from crafters will have stats according to the skill of each artisan.[32]"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravans#Caravan_components
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Judeth wrote: Β»
    So instead of spawning our mounts in and out of existence I do wish they'd make it so we get them at a nearby stable.

This is an interesting idea. It makes it less likely for players to use mounts in pvp because it won't always be convenient to retrieve their mount.

Maybe also extend mount spawning locations to taverns, houses, and large ships with onboard stables.