Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Good Job on Doing the Seemingly Impossible

Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
It is no secret that a lot of studios struggle from issues with their core game vision and listening to player feedback. Whether it is the influence of a board of directors pushing for greater profits or if it's not understanding the player base and misinterpreting feedback a lot of MMOs go astray in this regard. After watching the improvements intrepid has done to the combat during yesterdays live stream and seeing the changes in regards to My.games I feel confident in congratulating you all on a job well done. You listened and more importantly you acted on the things you heard. You didn't continue on with the thought that you infallible or that you knew the game better. You considered the feedback and you took a hard look at the game.

It is important that you did that. You didn't just change on a whim, you made sure that it was the right decision. That is the other flaw too many of us have seen happen. Developers that are overly keen to impress players compromise on core principles that take away from their original vision and this also hurts the game. They get pulled by various vocal minorities and lose sight of what the current state of the game is. But again and again we have seen you come forward and to stand up for these values. With your commitment of not allowing DPS meters, the stance of risk vs reward and the risk of PVP in PVE settings, you have held true to many of the elements that will give Ashes a unique and intriguing atmosphere.

I know that you guys have a long and tough road ahead of you. Especially with the performance issues from the recent play test. I know there is a lot of pressure on you too. People want this to be the next Mecca of the MMO world and they want to have started playing the game last summer right after LazyPeon's video. That is a tough and tall order to fill but as long as you keep this bearing, you listen to feedback, and you don't lose sight of what the core aspects of this game, I am confident that AOC will be far greater than any that has come before it and it will take many decades for another competitor to truly surpass it. It might take a few years, it might take many many late nights, it might take taking a hard critique of an element you feel deeply attached to but I know you can do it. Keep up the good work and keep kicking sandal (ass)!

PS please create some sandal related cosmetics to view next live stream.
ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comments

• Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well said. Overall Intrepid has done a great job and I'm happy to support them.
  • Options
    WhitneyHagasMatsumotoWhitneyHagasMatsumoto Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    I agree with the OP a lot.
    As someone who has loved gaming for over 80% of my life, I admire the enthusiasm of everyone at IntrepidStudios.

It's so frustrating that all I can do is support them, and honestly, I'd love to help in any way I can, even if it's without pay😅
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ^ YES.
    If there is anything you could outsource to the public, we'd be keen to help!
    Unfortunately, there's always the risk of bad actors too.
    I wish I were deep and tragic