Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Age

Good evening, I would like to know if you have thought that in the character creator a character can be created in an old age / childhood. It would be very interesting in terms of roleplay!

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That don't sound like a recipe for "interesting roleplay". It sounds like a way to get the weirdest of weirdos in the game. That is as nicely as I can put it.

No thanks.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    He had not thought about that possibility, rather about being able to create an apprentice magician / elder expert in the elements. It's a good point of view anyway.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    He had not thought about that possibility, rather about being able to create an apprentice magician / elder expert in the elements. It's a good point of view anyway.

Hopefully we get wrinkles and such to age our characters. They are trying to exceed BDOs character customization. I don't know if BDO had wrinkles, but I have seen it in lots of other games.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm guessing there will probably be cosmetics/customizations that let you be grandmotherly.

I did that on a random private server.
    Made a level 10 character, designed her as a grandmother and just sat in towns handing out cookies.
    2 days later, someone made a grandad but I decided I had dementia and couldn't remember who he was.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Good evening, I would like to know if you have thought that in the character creator a character can be created in an old age / childhood. It would be very interesting in terms of roleplay!

Being able to create child aged characters would be - problematic.
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »

Agreed, and I really try not to be that guy to say this...but FF has Lalafells if you really wanna be roleplay a child
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maezriel wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

Agreed, and I really try not to be that guy to say this...but FF has Lalafells if you really wanna be roleplay a child

I was gonna say! Aren't Lalafells heavily memed on in FF? They're the butt of every joke.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    At least however old you have to be to emigrate from Sanctus. Probably 18+, knowing that lot of legend-and-magic-disbelievers....

• Options
    I could understand a sort of 20s - 40s age range. You get 40s yr-old astronauts, so I don't see why you couldn't get 40s yr-old adventurers.

But to echo the others in the thread, "No thanks" to the kiddies.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/