Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Auction and Player Stall blind bidding or set prices?

Moe1Moe1 Member
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I haven't found any info clarifying how the actual sale or transaction of auctioning items will go. I know there will be p2p trading that allows players to barter between themselves. But I wanted to focus on auction houses and player stalls. Will this be blind bids like FFXI or a listed price like most other games? I mention FFXI because currency was implemented similarly to what I have read/watch on AoC and it maintained a relevancy to the economy for a long time in that game. Which would you all prefer and which would have the best impact on each nodes economy?

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Don't think they have said yet but probably both. The localized AH will probably have a bidding ability. I would like to see both types personally for both AH and player stalls.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    full cross server AH would be great
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    No full server or cross server AH. Be more localized economies.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Auction_house
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Moe1Moe1 Member
    mobtek wrote: »
    full cross server AH would be great

I disagree. Rarity of items maintains population and an active economy. I've played many MMOs and find when there is nothing left for players to strive for they tend to stop playing. Achievement such as rare drops or grinding rare mats for weeks on end to craft the last piece of armor make your accomplishments feel significant. If I can just buy anything I want at the AH those achievements lose their value. If you have a cross server AH, the rarity of items decrease and drive down market value due to excess supply.
  • Options
    Moe1Moe1 Member
    Don't think they have said yet but probably both. The localized AH will probably have a bidding ability. I would like to see both types personally for both AH and player stalls.

That a good point. For it to be successful I think you would need to limit AH listing space or items that can be sold on AH. Otherwise there would be no need to use stalls. Unless I am misunderstanding the implementation of those. Will stalls only be available at player freeholds or can you set them up in town?
  • Options
    There is an interesting chart someone added to the AH page(new to me) that shows where stuff can be placed.
    I am hoping you can do a stall on freeholds would be good for the Husbandry profession. Be on the edge of town selling mounts.
  • Options
    Moe1Moe1 Member
    Looks like bidding will be the method.
    From the website: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-05-32-know-your-nodes-economic-node-type

Economic Nodes that have reached the Metropolis Stage unlock the Superpower “Linked Economy”. Any Economic Node with this Superpower unlocked shares Auction House listings with all the others, meaning that the items listed in one Linked Economy Node can be bid on from any other Linked Economy Node. Linked Economies also connect a Metropolis and any Vassal Economic Nodes belonging to that Metropolis.