Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Regarding world design

Hello all! I'd first like to say that this game shows real potential, and express to the community as well as the development team how refreshing it is to see an inventive NA-MMO being created in a "Post-WoW" world. It's nice to see a title coming in the future that isn't simply a regional release from eastern companies. The few clips we've seen thus far exquisitely display that this is a beautiful world with intriguing features. I wish everyone the best, and hope that the team can produce a new world full of wonder capable of rekindling the dying flames of a once great genre.

Recently, I've been playing Black Desert. The game undeniably has faults, but one thing that they did well(in my opinion of course) was the world, specifically how virtually the entire map was explorable, with little to no loading screens or instanced areas. Other games in the genre tend to put the players on training wheels, funneling them through areas littered with invisible walls and out of bounds terrain and backdrops. I'm not sure if others feel the same, but a massive explorable world makes a game feel epic and immersive.

Comments

• Options
    The game WILL be open world. Steven says that the game will be an open world game. Although Im not sure about how you will be entering the houses and structures if they would load or not. (Most prob will). Anyways, its best to relate the games world to Black Desert Online. BDO is a great game, and if you want something to base this of, it would be Black Desert Online.
  • Options
    They did mention that there would be instancing for several things including some dungeons (perhaps just boss rooms?) and raids and they did mention that there might be loading screens between larger zones in order to allow the world to function better. We will have to wait and see but I wouldn't expect it to be 100% no loading screens ever.
  • Options
    Yeah, Ashes will be a open world with natural borders.
    But as said above, there might be some instanced dungeons because how the nodes progress. But we haven't heard much about it yet, so we just have to wait and see.