Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the "Kid in the Candy Shop" you seek? An Immersive Feel? Is Ashes giving you the feeling?

I tend to like to spark conversations that MMORPGs need so that the developers can get new ideas and possibly add them to the game. Me personally it would have to be, "Do whatever I like," I'm not forced to go in this direction or that direction. Another thing that I personally would like in an MMO would probably be Advanced AI. Artificial intelligence, which is capable of giving dynamic Quest, able to walk around freely, Not static, and even conversate with you to make it feel like a real world. It wouldn't just be players, it would be the whole world reacting to something you did or reacting to events going on or even just saying hello. BDO almost gave me that feeling, but they ruined it with cash grab pop-ups and other monetizations that popped up every 2 minutes. Building a relationship with an NPC made it feel like it was a real person rather than an AI, but even that lacked some details or maybe I'm just looking for too much? I watched some anime's like SAO, Bofuri, and recently watched The King's Avatar after being suggested to it by a friend, and after watching all these MMO Adventure type animes, I feel like I'm expecting too much from MMO's or maybe it's just a direction the MMORPG genre as a whole should take. I don't know I feel like those MMORPG Animes had key elements that could be implemented inside the real-life MMORPGs. what are your thoughts? What gives you this feeling of feeling like a kid again? what gives you the feeling of feeling immersed so much you forget it's a game rather than just a place to escape reality?

Comments

• Options
    WhitneyHagasMatsumotoWhitneyHagasMatsumoto Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    In my personal opinion, I don't want advanced AI for NPCs in MMOs.
    (At least it doesn't seem to be easy with current technology).

But in terms of wanting a living, breathing world, I agree with you greatly!

And I think MMO is a great game system that allows you to transcend geographical limitations and interact with many players.
    So I'm hoping that spending time with living players will give me a gaming experience that I can't get anywhere else. ;)

P.S
    If we're going to ignore technical limitations and talk about dreams, it would be great to have the ability to have in-game chat translated in real time! :D
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited March 2021
    When I played Wow, as a blood elf rogue I used to visit SW to duel alliance.

When I played Conquerors Blade, istead of sticking to one guild and one castles, I wandered around the world finding people to duel.

Something like visiting a new city and fighting new opponents and interacting with them in ways that I wouldn't normally do.

The travelling from city to city, wandering who I'm going to fight and if it is going to be some awesome dude I saw in battlegrounds but never met in person. You encounter a lot of people in open world pvp, battle grounds, sieges and etc, and you never know where they live or how they are in "person".
  • Options
    OstaffOstaff Member
    edited March 2021
    P.S
    If we're going to ignore technical limitations and talk about dreams, it would be great to have the ability to have in-game chat translated in real time! :D

The MMORPG "Saga of Ryzom" actually has that, so it is possible to do.
  • Options
    OstaffOstaff Member
    edited March 2021
    Javionn wrote: »
    Another thing that I personally would like in an MMO would probably be Advanced AI. Artificial intelligence, which is capable of giving dynamic Quest, able to walk around freely, Not static, and even conversate with you to make it feel like a real world. It wouldn't just be players, it would be the whole world reacting to something you did or reacting to events going on or even just saying hello.

Definitely in for dynamic quests instead of the lazy static ones. I think that this is pretty easy and feasible to do as well. They could create a DB with grammar constructs to replace descriptive tags with different adjectives/adverbs/nouns and and replace object tags with random items/mobs/etc from their asset db to give it a unique feel. Have it so that each NPC has a personality trait that will cater to what is substituted in and even have multiple types of animations for different categories that the npc will use. They should also make it so that not all quests givers give constant quests but have different NPCs that will give random quests from time to time. Ie. A mother npc has her kid kidnapped by goblins and the first Player to return her son (dead/alive) gets a reward based upon the outcome. Or a down-on-his luck NPC needs a cup of coffee. Go get him a cup. :)

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I've been saying this is possible and should be implemented for many years now.

A developer could even use Google Translate to do this.
  • Options
    WhitneyHagasMatsumotoWhitneyHagasMatsumoto Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Ostaff -san
    @Noaani -san
    Thank you for your response to the chat translation! <3

This is completely serpentine, but I use both DeepL translation and Google Translate.
    Despite its shortcomings, the natural translation of DeepL translation is of high quality and I would like you to know about it if you implement this feature. ;)
  • Options
    @Ostaff -san
    @Noaani -san
    Thank you for your response to the chat translation! <3

This is completely serpentine, but I use both DeepL translation and Google Translate.
    Despite its shortcomings, the natural translation of DeepL translation is of high quality and I would like you to know about it if you implement this feature. ;)

DeepL helped me out big time especially in my business so I do agree
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The dynamic weather and seasons is certainly going to do wonders for me, I'm hoping the season to season change takes 15 days to change instead of I think it was 4 seasons in a month. I like the longer immersion.