Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha-1 NDA Drop

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Anyone else looking forward to the Alpha-1 preview pre-test 3 (no NDA) between Mar 19 - Mar 26 2021 (or revised date if need be) when the NDA drops and, if my understanding is correct, there might be more to see?

Comments

• Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it's safe to say that anyone fan enough of the game to be on these forums would also be looking forward to any new information.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    NchDuNchDu Member
    yes, looking forward to plenty of new uncut video and in-game footage.
  • Options
    Im extremely hyped, trying to not look at the date so the days go by quicker.
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    ...(or revised date if need be)...

I think that is my favorite one...

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Options
    I'm extremely hyped as well.
    As a casual player i am looking forward to see what the game offers.
    1. How is the leveling experience. Is there a variety in quests? It is a variety in Mobs/Locations?
    2. How is the casual content(Dungeons and Open World Raids).
    3. Crafting/Gathering
    4. Casual Content like Holiday Events/Random Ashes of Creation Events
    5. World Exploration
    6. Staff to do in towns/Hubs
    7. How is the guild system and what it offers in regards of keeping communities together. Also on that note how it will handle small and huge guilds.

I have a lot of staff i want to see when the NDA lifts! :)
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    SnowyPoupa wrote: »
    1. How is the leveling experience. Is there a variety in quests? It is a variety in Mobs/Locations?
    3. Crafting/Gathering
    5. World Exploration
    7. How is the guild system and what it offers in regards of keeping communities together. Also on that note how it will handle small and huge guilds.

Sounds like you need to lower your expectations for the Alpha phases of the game.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    3. Crafting/Gathering
    5. World Exploration

Dude it‘s an actual alpha.
    Dont have any expectations other than servers crashing and some mobs to grind in the open world.
    Like look at the footage they have shown, its not reasonable to think they have more stuff they are gonna pull magically out of their hat.

• Options
    Combat.

Combat.

Combat.
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    3. Crafting/Gathering
    5. World Exploration

Pump your brakes. This is a REAL ALPHA. Don't expect to see the majority of your list or be disappointed.
  • Options
    I don't know their plans for the roadmap and how many alphas and Betas they are going to have .On top of that i am also not a game designer to know in what order staff are designed and put in to the game.
    But i think since they are making their first public Alpha some of the Base Content shall be in the game.
    I understand that they want to test server stability and some basic staff but for 1 month alpha is that enough?
  • Options
    Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seeing as we haven't seen any real footage of any of the core systems in months, I would say this is likely still pre-alpha ready. But they have been saying "Alpha 1 this fall" for a few years now and with all the E.U. Consumer protection rules (look at CDPR and Cyberpunk issues) I think there is more of an obligation to get this out to the backers hands sooner than later to avoid any potential legal penalties.

I don't think this game is Alpha 1 ready. No Orcs/Tulnar, only 3 playable classes that I have seen out of 8 primary. The very basics are barely operational. Covid has been great for the art teams, but I'm sure it's hell on the engineers and programmers. Plus the staff they have lost and have been replacing, few as they might be. (as mentioned in a video by Steven). Even the last Dev update Vid both Margret and Jeff had to jump in and correct Steven with " many many updates" and "we got a long road ahead" in terms of development time, softening the expectations. Steven is great at selling the positive sell, but I think he's over sold where they actually are in development and his two experienced staff realize this. Don't blame Steven though. He's just as excited for AoC as we are and that's good to see that he still has the same passion for his project. I look at developers of other up and coming games and it's clear to me it's become a job and not a passion after years of development.

I'll still get in if I can and play the balls out of it and break as much as I can and file bug reports for days if needed. I've spent 2 decades in and out of Alphas and Betas for games that made it and didn't make it. That experience tells me AoC is further behind in development than we are being told and being behind in development is O.K., it's normal and expected. They are trying to do things never done before with an engine that wasn't designed to do any of it really. There are those out there who don't understand the development process and do believe this game is closer to launch that it really is... by about 2 years I am thinking.

Just being realistic here and not sugar coating things. I have confidence that they can get it done.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • Options
    MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't know their plans for the roadmap and how many alphas and Betas they are going to have .On top of that i am also not a game designer to know in what order staff are designed and put in to the game.
    But i think since they are making their first public Alpha some of the Base Content shall be in the game.
    I understand that they want to test server stability and some basic staff but for 1 month alpha is that enough?

There are 2 alphas planned so far. We don't know how long alpha 1 will last there might be more alpha 1 after the month. Alpha 2 is not scheduled yet and after that the plan so far is 2 beta tests.
  • Options

the phases progress as they develop properly. it's important for the backers to help find and report as many bugs and if possible glitches :) to aid in this progression

I wouldn't focus too much on when the next phases are, one good step at a time will aid the games development properly and efficiently.
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is just too many things still left to work with. I am actually surprised that Alpha 1 is in April. I feel like Alpha 2 will be 4th Quarter? They have so many things not even in the game, much less balanced.

1. Still do not have all the races
    2. Crafting is a place holder for the real system.(That is supposed to be out by Alpha 2)
    3. Seige......anything?
    4. Characters cannot even get to level cap and so that has not been balanced or shown.
    5. We have not seen all Class designs(High level)
    6. Zones not complete and thus quests not complete.

One of the discussions I heard kind of bummed me out a little. Somebody had asked about how the benefits for marriage within the game were going to work. They responded with a fairly good answer but all I could think was " How about worrying about the core of the game itself first". I would venture to say that most of the players on this forum do not care about marriage in game. How about we save that for an expansion update. Also, I hope that for every piece they show us in the discussions, there are literally 100+ not being shown.

With everything that they still have to do in this game, I feel as though the game release will be around 2nd quarter 2023- 1st quarter 2024. That is why I am surprised that Alpha 1 is in April.

Of course there is that chance that we get that "Miracle Patch"(Trademark Blizzard/Sony) that proves me wrong.

• Options
    xydrassialxydrassial Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    <3
  • Options
    As long as we dont face an other Cyberpunk 2077 im happy to wait for them to finish the game.
    I am also looking forward for Pantheon mmo and that game is also far far from launching.In fact its more far than this game.
    If take a closer look at the mmos of the past years all they were total failures(Part from FFXIV-ESO)