Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How do you PvP with boxing gloves on your hands?

1. Keyboard & mouse OR controller?

2. Tab-targeted or action?

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!

Comments

• Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You obviously use your feet, a steering wheel and have turn based combat.
  • Options
    I use my teeth. (chomp)
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Magic.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VmanGman wrote: »

That's about freaking hilarious to try to imagine.

• Options
    PoliceGirlPoliceGirl Member
    edited March 2021
    I am trying to conceptualize which would be better for AoC pvp.

I have been killing it in dark souls 2. Controller all the way of course.

I haven't played a tab-targeted pvp system since wow; my 3v3 arena days.

ESO pvp is like playing an arcade game from the 90's; silly.

Which do you guys think will turn out to be optimal for AoC combat? Tab or action, k&m or control?

One of them is going to turn out to be better, evens if it's a 75%/25%.

• Options
    I prefer tab target because I'm used to it from playing DAoC. Then again the combat there is so intense and strategic that you don't need any action based combat to spice things up. It's already overwhelming to simply position well and make sure you use exactly the right skills at exactly the right moments, in coordination with your teammates.

However I don't see AoC going the sublime route of DAoC's CC mechanics (unfortunately), which would mean CC is a lot less of a make or break factor. In such a scenario I can definitely see a use for 25-50% action based abilities.

• Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    flightsim setup, pedals, joystick and ir-tracker and labo armour

Z5tYhhk.jpg

• Options
    Foot pedals
  • Options

PoliceGirl wrote: »
    I am trying to conceptualize which would be better for AoC pvp.

I have been killing it in dark souls 2. Controller all the way of course.

I haven't played a tab-targeted pvp system since wow; my 3v3 arena days.

ESO pvp is like playing an arcade game from the 90's; silly.

Which do you guys think will turn out to be optimal for AoC combat? Tab or action, k&m or control?

One of them is going to turn out to be better, evens if it's a 75%/25%.

preference of the individual I would say. As gaming is not as linear, situations arise for adaptability.

players are not robots who play the same way. beep boop does not compute :D
    VmanGman wrote: »

lol, im picturing someone turning the wheel to target individuals like a mad man running people down with vehicle from a movie :D
  • Options
    @Enigmatic Sage "...preference of the individual I would say. As gaming is not as linear, situations arise for adaptability."

Yah, in the end you are right.

• Options
    @Enigmatic Sage "...preference of the individual I would say. As gaming is not as linear, situations arise for adaptability."

Yah, in the end you are right.

To be fair, I have not played a game with this specific style of hybridized combat. It could be quite interesting in terms of peripheral and keybind preferences in relation to adaptability. So I may not be entirely correct in the end ;)
  • Options
    NchDuNchDu Member
    Most Action combat I saw where simplified through lots of AoE attacks, even simple standard/auto-attacks.
    The shown footage of AoC seems the game is going in that direction... I am not the greatest fan of it cause it doesn't look and feel that great if your character is just some sort of short-range flamethrower. Games like WAR and GW2 were doing a magnificent job with their tab targeting games in my opinion. (WAR with its stone-scissor-paper concept + "PVP taunt and tank role" / GW2 with its iframe dodge mechanic) So I am more on that side of the isle.

I am also an advocate for keyboard + (MMORPG)mouse :D more accessible key-binds for more abilities and macros ^^
  • Options
    @NchDu I am also an advocate for keyboard + (MMORPG)mouse :D more accessible key-binds for more abilities and macros ^^

Yah, that's the thing about k+m. As a rogue directional/blind-spot exploiter in wow pvp arenas a controller could not have kept up with me. But that game was not made with a gamepad in mind..

I am so curious to see how this turns out. Cuz try switching from one to the other in the middle of combat...not gonna happen.

So whatever style of action/tab you have you still will have to commit to keys and mouse or controller...

• Options
    RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @NchDu I am also an advocate for keyboard + (MMORPG)mouse :D more accessible key-binds for more abilities and macros ^^

Yah, that's the thing about k+m. As a rogue directional/blind-spot exploiter in wow pvp arenas a controller could not have kept up with me. But that game was not made with a gamepad in mind..

I am so curious to see how this turns out. Cuz try switching from one to the other in the middle of combat...not gonna happen.

So whatever style of action/tab you have you still will have to commit to keys and mouse or controller...

ESO handles the transition very well actually, pretty seamless feeling when you switch. No need to open menus or do anything. You can be moving around all casual like with a controller and then start using your mouse and it will automatically adjust to kb & m. Then if you want to go back to the controller all you do is start using and it switches again.
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • Options
    @Rhuric You can be moving around all casual like with a controller and then start using your mouse and it will automatically adjust to kb & m.

That's exactly what I am hoping for.

• Options
    Pfffffft, "boxing gloves"....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Might go so far as to get a nostalgic nostromo (or equivalent) if it suits, with mouse! Awesome for PvX, but terrible for chat in critical moments!