Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Progression and Defensive Tiers

Was thinking about node progression, not sure if this has been brought up yet, so I apologize in advance if it's a double thread.

I was thinking, when nodes hit the village stage, should their be defensive options for tiers of said node.

I started at encampment as from the pictures I have seen, they seem to have a a walled or barricaded defenses preemptively in design.

Example:
Encampment - defence tier one
Encampment - defence tier two

Village - defence tier one
Village - defence tier two

and perhaps for towns, cities and metropolis, have a possible three tiers of defence opposed to two.

Town - defence tier one
Town - defence tier two
Town - defence tier three

these could provide different styles and strengths of gates/portcullis and perhaps even barbicans if the design. there could be different walls and aesthetics in relation to tier upgrades etc as well.

additionally, based on what type of node it is, it could have specialized and themed defenses
in example: military vs scientific node

could add a bit more defensive opportunities for nodes that are capped but have increased production and maintenance costs as a penalty per se.

It may not necessarily have to be in the design for launch, but maybe in a future expansion?

In relation to defenses, there would obviously be some sort of equivalent for siege weapon damage and ammo types to possibly counter these mechanics if affordable by said attackers.

please share idea's and opinions :)

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    imo, ecerything that adds more communal node progression is a good thing.

Building defence structures, fortyfying walls reinforcing defense structures... yes please
  • Options
    just to clarify and add on to this, these tiers do not have to be necessarily obtained in order for the node to advance to the next stage. They are just defensive options.

as an example,

the first tier could an additional 5% hit points to the gate and some armour rating on top of that, 10% for the next tiers and so on in similar designed increments depending on materials used to construct the different tiers based on the node stage.

simplified

tier one = 5% hp increase + defense rating (some sort of mechanic)
    tier two = 10% hp increase + defense rating increase

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Interesting idea. We don't know what all mayors can assign yet. We know they can assign building and defensive assets but not to the complete extent of what they can assign. More guards and other defenses for sure but being able to upgrade the walls seems like a good possibility.
    Maybe post this in the next Q&A would be interesting to get their thoughts.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mayors
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Interesting idea. We don't know what all mayors can assign yet. We know they can assign building and defensive assets but not to the complete extent of what they can assign. More guards and other defenses for sure but being able to upgrade the walls seems like a good possibility.
    Maybe post this in the next Q&A would be interesting to get their thoughts.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mayors

true, it could be a mayoral choice on node progression. Good thinking!
    I just may ask it for the next Q&A, get some feed back on the concept :)
    thanks!