Idea for next cosmetic

Hello,
I'd like to see a design that has a dark and more serious theme. The last themes seem to have a prevailing theme of "cuteness" and color. I bring this up because in one of the Q&As they showed the design process for the cosmetic releases, and during that discussion how a "darker" theme was scrapped for a more "festive" theme for the December release. On my part, I am waiting for one of these darker, grim, or mature themes before I purchase the larger cosmetic package.
Thanks,
S.

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some of the designs have been a bit cheerful for my taste. Would like to see something a bit darker assuming that the devs are into it.

Everything thus far feels like Aion did back in the day. Whimsical and flowery are words that come to mind.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • I too am waiting for just the right set D:
  • That fricking corgi.....
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    They have the cosmetics planned months in advance. At the start of November for example, they had the cosmetics for up to April planned, so going off that they probably have until August/September planned atm.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • TriggerTecTriggerTec Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    Definitely agree with this one. Super bummed out I missed out on this gem. :'(

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Decaying_Thrall

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/
  • Yeah that thrall looks morbid and amazing. :D
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited March 2021
    shadiss wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'd like to see a design that has a dark and more serious theme. The last themes seem to have a prevailing theme of "cuteness" and color. I bring this up because in one of the Q&As they showed the design process for the cosmetic releases, and during that discussion how a "darker" theme was scrapped for a more "festive" theme for the December release. On my part, I am waiting for one of these darker, grim, or mature themes before I purchase the larger cosmetic package.
    Thanks,
    S.

I happen to greatly enjoy the fact that a "royal corgi" will be accompanying yours truly across Verra, and my psuedo-French petticoat will certainly add some dignity to the social gatherings of the masses, in years to come....

That said, you kind of jump-started the ol' brain; I hadn't actually thought of what cosmetics I'd like to see added.

Maybe:

1) For those of us planning on being racist against the Tulnar (although I might instead be a Tulnar who is racist against the un-bumpy-skinned peoples), it'd be great if there was some kind of animal that the Tulnar held as sacred - too sacred to ride. Yours truly would be riding whatever THAT is!

2) Some rest-and-recovery special animations to replace whatever is in-place now for recovering from combat. To name a few examples: pulling out a sharpening stone and working on a weapon, or sitting down for a moment and patching wounds with a cloth from a knapsack, or putting your hands on your knees and slouching down with heavy breathing, or maybe fumbling with one's footing for a moment, then slapping one's self, and shaking the head while making hand motions to emphasize you're trying to recover from a hard knock.

3) Boot-cut long-coats. The kind pirates have, where the bottom brim is separated twice, into three sections - as to make it easier to back-pedal without stepping on the tail of the coat.