Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Collusion for the sake of Content?

As we know, for certain nodes to develop others have to fall. And each node grants access to different contents.

Do we expect that once we have "completed" all of the content for one node, that the "rulers" of said node will just pact a node war/siege with the ruling caste of a different node, in an attempt to raze it all down and unlock the next batch of content?

Is this a positive thing? My assumption being, that certain Guilds will have a majoritarian control over certain areas and nodes, this would mean that the smaller guilds, and solo citizens would get their houses, appartements and stores torn down for the sake of new content, without much of their consent granted.

Of course every citizen would then be recruited into the defense of said node, but what is stopping that one large guild from corpsing their way through the battle to facilitate the change they want. (What I mean by corpsing is essentially, not fighting back at all and allowing the attackers to steam roll the rest of the players on defense).

Do you guys think this is something that is likely to happen with relative frequency?
Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Do we want to prevent this from happening?

Discuss.
Sig-ult-2.png

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This has been discussed repeatedly. And debunked. Enjoy your tour of the other threads or Discord where all the answers you will need are.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    PoliceGirlPoliceGirl Member
    edited March 2021
    Sup.

@Asgerr "
    Do we expect that once we have "completed" all of the content for one node, that the "rulers" of said node will just pact a node war/siege with the ruling caste of a different node, in an attempt to raze it all down and unlock the next batch of content?"

Now THATS a good discussion starter.

My opinion:

No, we absolutely do not expect that. My first point is this...

By the time a node becomes a metropolis and even is able to unlock all it's content there will be so much investment in that node's perks, storage, market, housing, land stability to support free-holds, tax revenue, linking with other metropolis-stave nodes, and etc...

That no one is going to want to see it fall. Everyone would just lose to much. If somebody wants a node they are going to have to take it by force.

Remember that guildies, private citizens, and random solo players will be invested in a node's stability.

If people are wanting new content I expect that the real option would be to explore for new territory and nodes.

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will be great incentives for players to keep their node such as the reliquary and relics.

The developers have addressed this issue. I’m sure you’ll information on it with some research.