Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Wardens: Sub-Profession to Control Spawns Around Nodes?

TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
So, in the pursuit of trying to make each Node-experience unique, perhaps there should be a sub-profession available to moderate or offer semi-control (but not complete control!) over the spawns that will be in-existence around each node?

Certain qualities of materials or even sacrifices of rare loot drops could be included in the setting of a Node's spawns for the next 7 days, to - for example - ensure a chance that even more of that loot/drop comes from the drops of the now semi-determined spawns around a specific node.

As some things will be determined by drop-based loot, perhaps there could be some sembalance of determining what the spawns will be(i.e. perhaps via a sub-profession), around each of the settled nodes?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    interesting, a form of sacrifice/cost in ritualistic influence to what type of creeps/mobs/spawns that will be around specific node types in relation to their theme by modification and variants of these by said game wardens

hmmm

are we just talking only aesthetics? or ability types of these spawns too?

EDIT:

other than drop manipulation obviously ;)
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sacrifices!

"Throw another Elf on the fire boy's!"
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    i do like the idea of different sub professions like game wardens.
    I do also think that there is room for a lot more like Oracle, Archaeologist...
    However, that seems like it would be something thats best implemented with one of the expansions post launch
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Warth wrote: »
    However, that seems like it would be something thats best implemented with one of the expansions post launch

Agreed.

We have a ton of great ideas from the community but I really need to see the Node System and combat in action before I get on board for any additions to the core game. An expansion dedicated to fleshing out professions and economics sounds great though
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    Sup @bloodprophet

"Throw another Elf on the fire boy's!"

Ha! My thoughts exactly.

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Options
    Maezriel wrote: »
    Warth wrote: »

Agreed.

We have a ton of great ideas from the community but I really need to see the Node System and combat in action before I get on board for any additions to the core game. An expansion dedicated to fleshing out professions and economics sounds great though

Aye! This feels more like content for later addition, rather than launch-material. No sense in adding systems pre-launch, when we've already got delays.

Hadn't thought of it as drop-manipulation before, but yes - in a sense, this could well constitute such a thing. That would be the overall purpose of such a system: to partially determine materials/drops from the creatures that you are making appear, around the Node.

Would this neccessarily be a bad thing? Perhaps it could be the reward for such a sub/mini-game?