Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Collectables Interface

I see that mounts have many abilities but are summoned via an item in your inventory. What if you have several mounts that you like to use? Do you have to carry all those items in your bag, taking up valuable space?

I have played WoW since vanilla and am seriously considering going full blown into AoC (the game, not the politician). One of the parts of WoW that I was most involved in with WoW was the collectibles such as pets, mounts, appearances, titles, etc. I even went so far as to use addons in WoW to make sure I collected all appearances possible within a certain zone, instance, raid, pvp, and craftable broken down by expansion.

Now, I do understand the RP value of making it an item and not having a nice expansive interface. How can someone just summon one of hundreds of mounts or pets out of thin air?

My real question: Will there be similar tools in the AoC interface to facilitate collecting? Is this something on the table?

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    Maybe a bit early to get an answer for this, but still worth asking.

I might also add that this could get messy with mount skins on top of actual mounts - would be annoying to reskin mounts while you're in the middle of flexing your collection.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    MaupMaup Member
    Grinamdord wrote: »
    I see that mounts have many abilities but are summoned via an item in your inventory. What if you have several mounts that you like to use? Do you have to carry all those items in your bag, taking up valuable space?

I have played WoW since vanilla and am seriously considering going full blown into AoC (the game, not the politician). One of the parts of WoW that I was most involved in with WoW was the collectibles such as pets, mounts, appearances, titles, etc. I even went so far as to use addons in WoW to make sure I collected all appearances possible within a certain zone, instance, raid, pvp, and craftable broken down by expansion.

Now, I do understand the RP value of making it an item and not having a nice expansive interface. How can someone just summon one of hundreds of mounts or pets out of thin air?

My real question: Will there be similar tools in the AoC interface to facilitate collecting? Is this something on the table?

As far as I have seen in every video I've watched is that they have the mounts inside the inventory as usable item. Bit like the old World of Warcraft has it. Where you click your mount inside your inventory to mount it.

Collection log would be cool, doubt that's something they are currently worried about however I do like the idea of having mounts not just in your inventory, especially if it turns out that inventory spots are really valuable. That will put players off from trying to grind a lot of mounts.
      Just a HYPED man
      If you have any questions feel free message me