Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player power

rascrasc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
how is progression going to feel like? will player power be tied in with hours played or is there a breakpoint. also with leveling is max level going to make earlier content a breeze (not difficult) or is level not important in-regard of difficulty aka end game content is only accessible for players who have finished leveling comparable to wow classic and wow retail

wow classic raids you do not need max level where as for retail you do

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi rasc

It's rather hard to answer that question right now as we haven't seen any end-game content in Ashes of Creation yet. We don't know for sure how long it will take to get to max level or how powerful a max level character will be compared to mobs in the world.

These are the sorts of things that get figured out during Beta testing once all the systems are implemented (right now we are in Alpha 1 testing).

I'm going to close this thread now but if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    XenelliaXenellia Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    rasc wrote: »
    how is progression going to feel like? will player power be tied in with hours played or is there a breakpoint

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking, but I'll try to answer the best I can.

At this point in the development, we don't have a lot of details on leveling and end-game progression. What we do know is that they want to make leveling take a fairly long time, so we can imagine that progression to max level will feel meaningful.
    Once you reach max level, the will be some horizontal progression through gear, and some vertical progression through the various NPC organizations. I'm not sure what you mean with "breakpoint", but I think you're referring to something like BDO, where you keep gaining strength past the "max level". That won't be the case in AoC, your power will come from crafted gear that you can customize and enchant.

The enchanting aspect isn't finalized yet and was just mentioned a few times in passing so we don't have a lot of info on it yet.
    rasc wrote: »
    also with leveling is max level going to make earlier content a breeze (not difficult) or is level not important in-regard of difficulty aka end game content is only accessible for players who have finished leveling comparable to wow classic and wow retail

wow classic raids you do not need max level where as for retail you do

Seeing as most, if not all, of the end game content, raids and world bosses will not be instanced, you likely could show up with a character of any level as long as you can make it there. You'd probably get obliterated instantly if you're not close to max level and show up to a super high level world boss, though.

I hope this answers your question :)

volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.