Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions!!

RamirezRamirez Member
edited March 2021 in Support & FAQ
1 There is more ways to lose your gear besides ganking someone and die? For me seems this way pve only players will always have top gear, they always will play safe , they will never need to put their gear in question like pvp players...

2 Related with the first one who they plan balance the economy, and avoid everyone with the best gear/mounts after 2 or 3 months like every mmorpg we have today except maybe Albion online or eve? I know that you will need materials to repair, but in some point they will break? In albion online for example when you kill someone some gear/mounts will permanent break some will be stolen, that way game have an healthy economy.

3 About Node wars or guild wars , how will work declaration of war? You will have a period of time before the "WAR/Siege" were you can kill enemy guild players without corruption generation and still steal their things?

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    pvp players don't risk their gear either, unless they gank

they won't break

3. we dont have sufficient info on that atm
  • Options
    Over time, after taking enough damage, your gear will lose durability. to repair your gear, you will need to visit a crafter (probably) and use crafting materials to repair your gear. I don't know if they've discussed gear breaking, but if it's in game i am gonna be very careful with my gear's durability.

This game wont be friendly to pve only players. everyone is able to kill anyone, mostly, so it will be common that you will have to defend yourself (mostly from me hahaha). The game incentivizes defending yourself from another player over just dieing, so you will most likely want to fight back.

When you kill someone, you can loot some of their crafting materials and some other sellable goods (like grey items).

Once a node siege is declared, there are some days before the siege actually starts so that the 2 sides can prepare. I assume that attackers and defenders will be always pvp enabled between them.

P.S.: it's good to have questions, but it's still early on in development. If you have any concerns, it would be best to wait till you see what they have implemented in the game first before worrying too much.
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    McShave wrote: »
    Over time, after taking enough damage, your gear will lose durability. to repair your gear, you will need to visit a crafter (probably) and use crafting materials to repair your gear. I don't know if they've discussed gear breaking, but if it's in game i am gonna be very careful with my gear's durability.

This game wont be friendly to pve only players. everyone is able to kill anyone, mostly, so it will be common that you will have to defend yourself (mostly from me hahaha). The game incentivizes defending yourself from another player over just dieing, so you will most likely want to fight back.

When you kill someone, you can loot some of their crafting materials and some other sellable goods (like grey items).

Once a node siege is declared, there are some days before the siege actually starts so that the 2 sides can prepare. I assume that attackers and defenders will be always pvp enabled between them.

P.S.: it's good to have questions, but it's still early on in development. If you have any concerns, it would be best to wait till you see what they have implemented in the game first before worrying too much.

Yup i have look about in the wiki and didn´t find information , like i was saying then just gankers are risking they gear, a pve player never will lose they gear even if they defend, so if you are risking so much ganking shouldn´t other player have a chance to drop gear or atleast lost to? Maybe is me that are used with full loot pvp games, but dont find much motivation to lose my gear just for some resources and grey items
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ramirez wrote: »

Yup i have look about in the wiki and didn´t find information , like i was saying then just gankers are risking they gear, a pve player never will lose they gear even if they defend, so if you are risking so much ganking shouldn´t other player have a chance to drop gear or atleast lost to? Maybe is me that are used with full loot pvp games, but dont find much motivation to lose my gear just for some resources and grey items

If they fight back, nobody gets corrupted and whoever loses will not drop gear but you can collect some of their materials.
    If they don't fight back, that's a risk for you to decide.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ramirez wrote: »

Your gear is only at risk if you are running around murdering multiple players that do not fight back. This is discouraged in Ashes. Knowing that your risking your gear is one of the reasons to stop what your doing and engage in consensual PvP instead as the consensual systems do not risk gear.

• Options
    Hi there! Looks like folks already got you some helpful answers above in regards to the death penalties associated with the flagging system and our thoughts on item durability. While I don't believe we've shared any details quite yet on how to declare a node or guild war (vs. a node siege or a castle siege), as node wars are objective-based events that are scheduled to take place during server primetime and flagging mechanics and penalties will not be in place, it might be unlikely that you would be able to kill anyone without penalty outside of the designated times and places to do so.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's any other questions we can help answer!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.