Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Speed running and in game clocks

I’m not a speed runner myself but like watching videos of games even if I have no knowledge of them. This lead me to believe there must be more like me and Ashes can draw popularity from it. My suggestion is to have a official time stamp at the end of a dungeon/raid. Kinda like Golden Eye and Quake. No benefits from clearing it fast should be involved since it could lead to toxic behavior.

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    A: ranking system purely based on speed tend to invalidate most of the content. If they create a ranking system, then that should also include % completion, mechanics missed, deaths incurred... to ensure that the content is actually done, rather than bugged through.

B: With that being said, i think its important to understand, that instanced content are supposed to be a rather rare commodity within AoC. Kinda unlikely, that Ashes will attract a big scene in that regard if its not even remotely a focus for the game.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can imagine someone compiling a "Top Clear Times" list and putting it in the library. Sounds fun!

Would be nice if there was a way to prove the official clear time. Screenshots?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I do not agree this should be in-game this will only encourage elitism and be used to exclude players from participating in content. An MMO is a "live service" with a constant influx of new players, it has been proven over and over again that people abuse everything they can to form their elite group even with randoms. Achievements, Timers, DPS, etc. So with this new players could have a hard time finding people, which sometimes can already be a challenge as the game ages.

Also, the vast majority (not sure of the %) of the raids and dungeons in Ashes are open world, this means that there are a lot of possible "interruptions"
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In Ashes dungeons are not instanced things that end. They are just areas to farm challenging mobs in.
    The best you would see is boss kill times or speed leveling. Something that could be in the game via a fight duration on kill, and the /age command.

As with most speed running you can have your "Splits" for just about anything. The only thing I ever tried to speed run was PoE. Learning the routes in that game is a good way to be confident with your league start speed.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.