Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pre-order packs question

RiesseneRiessene Member
edited March 2021 in Support & FAQ
I was looking through previous month's pre-order packs and was amazed by how beautiful and cool some of them look. Is that true they are only available for one month and then never can be obtained? If so I am very surprised that even 375$ could cover the costs of creating/animating such stunning models (well what we see from art) that are basically THROWN AWAY after a month?? Or am I wrong here and they can be bought separately later?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    They can't be bought after their month is over, but people that have purchased packages in previous months are able to buy the cosmetics of any new packages.

They are able to do this because some of the cosmetics they are making are likely to end up in game on NPC's and such (although I believe they will be altered somewhat).
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It is true. They are only available to players for a month. They are there as a optional reward for "continuing" to support the development of the game.

I have been told after you spend money at any tier then you can see the individual price of each cosmetic.

They are not thrown away after a month. Parts and recolors may be used as NPC attire as needed. Recolors or altered versions however will never be available to players again to make the monthly support special.

They can be purchased separately, I don't think many people are spending 375$ a month on them, but there is always "That guy".

I hope that helps.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Oh, that does sound less like wasting. Thank you both very much!!

Do you know if a person (me) buys a current or say next month's pack, will they be able to buy items from previous ones? Or is it only from past to future packs?

• Options
    I will always love you...

zaD5kx3.png
  • Options
    Riessene wrote: »
    Oh, that does sound less like wasting. Thank you both very much!!

Do you know if a person (me) buys a current or say next month's pack, will they be able to buy items from previous ones? Or is it only from past to future packs?

You will never be able to buy any cosmetic outside of it's month. You can buy as many or little of the future packs or cosmetics as you like.

When they game launches they might use a new system, but nothing that is sold currently will ever be available again.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2021
    Noaani wrote: »
    They can't be bought after their month is over, but people that have purchased packages in previous months are able to buy the cosmetics of any new packages.
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    It is true. They are only available to players for a month.

You can't buy cosmetics from a previous month. No matter how much you'd like to. *cries for the raptor mount*
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

You will never be able to buy any cosmetic outside of it's month. You can buy as many or little of the future packs or cosmetics as you like.

When they game launches they might use a new system, but nothing that is sold currently will ever be available again.

That's a bummer but I understand. I hope something of the similar aesthetic can be obtained later in game. The dark forest aesthetic of the Woe is such a cool one. Thank you!
  • Options
    I will always love you...
    zaD5kx3.png
    daveywavey wrote: »
    You can't buy cosmetics from a previous month. No matter how much you'd like to. *cries for the raptor mount*

There is a Owlbear that I feel the same way about.

I will salute the first person I see riding it.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Cries also. I am gonna find someone with that pack items in game, befriend them, marry them and enjoy the life this way.
  • Options
    There is a Owlbear that I feel the same way about.

I will salute the first person I see riding it.

Don't let Snail Boi hear you saying that...
  • Options
    That's a bummer but I understand. I hope something of the similar aesthetic can be obtained later in game. The dark forest aesthetic of the Woe is such a cool one. Thank you!

Seems to be a October tradition. They skipped October the first year.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Voyager_plus_pre-order_pack:_Oct_2020_-_Nov_2020
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Voyager_plus_pre-order_pack:_Oct_2019_-_Nov_2019
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options

Here's to hoping! Although waiting for half a year... Is a lot;-;
  • Options
    Here's to hoping! Although waiting for half a year... Is a lot;-;

You'll get used to "waiting" while you're getting involved with Ashes. It's a long way off, yet...
  • Options
    Hiya friend - seems like folks above already got you lots of helpful answers! As noted, the cosmetic items in the current Pre-Order Packs rotate on a monthly basis, and they are never available again once they're gone. Purchasing a Pre-Order Pack will enable you to see the relevant add-ons in future months, if you'd like to grab them on an individual basis!

In addition, the work that goes into creating these items is definitely not "thrown away" - the pets and mounts you see will have variants in-game as NPCs for you to fight/befriend, the costumes/accessories can be repurposed as NPC armor, the freeholds can take on a different appearance to fill out towns, and more - think of these cosmetics as variants for things we would need to make to bring the world of Verra to life either way!

In terms of "similar aesthetics" being available in the future, I would definitely recommend keeping an eye out for both future cosmetic sets that might suit your tastes better, or see what in-game earnable options may suit your fancy!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.