Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Jewelry visibility

RiesseneRiessene Member
edited March 2021 in Support & FAQ
Will earrings, rings, neck pieces and bracelets be visible on the character model? I know it sounds like "a lot of work for the developers" but I've seen so much love and work put into everything in this game so I don't see why this wouldn't be worth it.

And besides it's been done in FF14 back in 2013 with their vastly different sized races and it's such a great feature!! I think it adds so much to the look. Be it a roguish pirate with gaudy gold earring or a noble lady with luxurious necklace or you showing off your wedding ring that you and your homie got for teleport bonuses only.

Comments

• Would be nice to have a toggle to show/hide your bling.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a toggle to show/hide your bling.

I honestly think visibility toggle is always a good thing.

Ffxiv which is the mmo i played the most deals with it by using invisible glamor pieces you can put over any gear but gw2 has a lot of straight up toggles and thats pretty convenient too.
  • NuubNuub Member
    This would be excellent!
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    The have sold jewelry cosmetics so i'd assume so.

If you look at the accessories cosmetics on the wiki, you will see some rings and necklaces: Accessories
  • Hiya! While I couldn't find any specific references for where we've noted that jewelry would be visible before (as compared to stuff on your back/belt), we have indeed shared cosmetics for jewelry items (specifically rings) in previous months! As I'm not sure we've clarified whether those would be replacing the appearance of your existing visible jewelry or just making them appear generally, I might recommend sharing a version of this question in an upcoming live stream Q&A thread!

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out for now, but please feel free to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.