Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

One Account but Multiple Users

AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
edited March 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hi! I couldn't find this on ashes wiki or any location. So I hope someone has an answer.

Does Ashes allow one account but multiple users?

Example:
1: I have Alpha 1, and during the none NDA I can only play 1-2 hours at night day. But my fiancee can also play in the morning. So to make the most of this Alpha 1 testing can we login at different times but same day and in different locations.
2: I live in NJ my Fiancee lives in PA. We both want to level up the same character. Can we do that?
3: We have the same account but she has one character and I have another?

Summary:
Can we have multiple users for 1 account? Different locations and playing different times. One person plays in the morning one person at night?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I may be wrong, but I do not believe the EULA for the game has been written as yet.

However, it is fairly standard with MMO's to have a one person per account policy, for several reasons, and I don't see why Intrepid would do things differently in this regard.

If I was some distance apart from my significant other, and we both played the same game, I would rather we had our own accounts so that when time permits, we can play together. Honestly, that specific reason just seems weird to me.
  • Options
    OstaffOstaff Member
    edited March 2021
    Seeing how the game is Subscription based, having multiple users per account would greatly detriment their income. With that being said, I am quite sure that it will only be one user per account. Of course, you could always have others playing your alts when you are not actually playing as well, but simultaneous logins of the same account? definitely a hard no to that.

In regards to your specific question, like they said, it would be up to their policies. And of course you could always have her remote connect to your computer in order to play.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It all depends on what the agreement is when you start playing Alpha, read it over carefully. It may say things that let you know what you can disclose to people not in Alpha. Unless its a full NDA lift, you will not be able to let someone else use your account. If you do, its at the risk of a ban most likely.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Arugan

According to the game's Terms of Service, an Intrepid account cannot be sold, traded or SHARED with another person. One account - one user.

I'm going to move this thread to the support section and close it now but if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.