Freehold Raiding: would you?

The idea of having a little piece of land to do my dark bidding (raising cool mounts to sell) sounds extremely enticing so naturally I'm a bit worried about after siege marauders giving me the Luke Skywalker backstory. So I have a question for players who are interested in this part of the game: would you try to go out there after a successful siege and pillage or would you leave the owners of freeholds to be? And how much bribery would make you change your mind?;D

Comments

• VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you got the loot people will come for it. I highly doubt that any freehold will be safe after a successful siege. Even if you pay off one party, there can be so many parties involved in a siege that someone else is bound to attack your freehold.
  • VmanGman wrote: »
    If you got the loot people will come for it. I highly doubt that any freehold will be safe after a successful siege. Even if you pay off one party, there can be so many parties involved in a siege that someone else is bound to attack your freehold.

I was mostly asking about each person's individual opinion on that mechanic! Not the prediction on how safe/unsafe the freeholds are gonna be. I myself would not do that probably (but who knows maybe participating in massive pvp will make me bloodthirsty)
  • give me all your crafting materials
  • They don't seem to think it will be a feature at launch, but there have been items posted by the devs about potentially having Guild Freehold/Guild Hall Sieges, as a part of guild war functions.

Personally, I'd love to see this happen, though I guess it'd kind of be odd if you were one of the (I think 3) guilds that a Node will allow to put your guild hall in the town/city itself to have a fight break out that didn't involve anyone except those two guilds. Odd, but welcome!

• If I was in the siege, and am looking to pillage after destroying a rival, then yes. If im passing by, then its time to go in the other direction before the raiders come.
  • of course! just a bonus level to a successful siege with even more bonus loot! :D
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Riessene wrote: »
    The idea of having a little piece of land to do my dark bidding (raising cool mounts to sell) sounds extremely enticing so naturally I'm a bit worried about after siege marauders giving me the Luke Skywalker backstory. So I have a question for players who are interested in this part of the game: would you try to go out there after a successful siege and pillage or would you leave the owners of freeholds to be? And how much bribery would make you change your mind?;D

Wouldn't know if I'd participate until I'm there, but I really don't think sieges will be as frequent as many are making them out to be...and that's not counting the cooldown between sieges that'll already be in place.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Mebbe if the freeholder was in a guild we were at war with otherwise I'd go elsewhere for my loot
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If I'm participating in a siege, I'll have a pla for what to do afterwards - success or fail. If your freehold is on that list, sorry.

If I am not involved in the siege, I probably have plans, and raiding your freehold isnt going to hold me up.
  • I see no reason to *not* raid any associated freeholds after a successful siege.

We've burnt & looted even the poor folks (who could only afford in-node housing) already, why on earth would we spare the rich (freehold owners)? ;)
  • I see no reason to *not* raid any associated freeholds after a successful siege.

We've burnt & looted even the poor folks (who could only afford in-node housing) already, why on earth would we spare the rich (freehold owners)? ;)

Eat the rich :pensive:

I guess I better git gud at pvp!
  • As much as the rogue class interest me, thievery doesn't. I prefer to earn my pay by working for it rather than taking it by force from someone else.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Percimes wrote: »
    As much as the rogue class interest me, thievery doesn't. I prefer to earn my pay by working for it rather than taking it by force from someone else.

Finally a noble soul!
  • Riessene wrote: »
    Percimes wrote: »
    As much as the rogue class interest me, thievery doesn't. I prefer to earn my pay by working for it rather than taking it by force from someone else.

Finally a noble soul!

Ha! I don't know about that... I may not raid your home, but I've not committed my hide to defend it either. If I do so, it should be free of charge though, if it's worth anything toward my sainthood. o:)
  • MerekMerek Member
    If it actually gives me something other than annoying people, I'd definitely be more incentivized to do it. There will always be people that enjoy watching stuff be destroyed though, you can't avoid it, it's part of life and will naturally be part of the game.

Yeah, absolutely. I'd go for anything that was nearby. And I'd totally be open to bribery.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s

So, you're not going to join in any Node Sieges, Castle Sieges, etc?

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
    (but who knows maybe participating in massive pvp will make me bloodthirsty)

You're gonna change, and you're gonna LIKE IT! >:)

• daveywavey wrote: »
    Riessene wrote: »
    (but who knows maybe participating in massive pvp will make me bloodthirsty)

You're gonna change, and you're gonna LIKE IT! >:)

I'm actually not a very big pvp fan due to being anxious about inconveniencing people if I win and being bummed out if I lose;'D Massive pvp is better but then I straight up don't know what to do and try to follow the smartest looking person and attack who they attack
  • My god......am I a combat pet?
  • daveywavey wrote: »

You forget there is always two sides... Attackers and defenders. I'll always defend the node I'm affiliated with. If, somehow, I'm in a guild and we have a castle and it is attacked, I will defend it. Even as a free lance adventurer I'll probably sign on to defend caravans.

I'm just not that attracted to the role of the aggressor, and, let's be honest, it's not as if there was a shortage of them anyways. Depending on how looting works I might ignore that when killing another player. If they lose their gathered materials regardless of if they are looted or not, I'll take it so it's not going to waste. If they can keep it, I'll probably let them keep it unless I feel the deserve some sort of punishment for their actions. If they drop an item I'll take it, and destroy it.
    daveywavey wrote: »

You forget there is always two sides... Attackers and defenders. I'll always defend the node I'm affiliated with. If, somehow, I'm in a guild and we have a castle and it is attacked, I will defend it. Even as a free lance adventurer I'll probably sign on to defend caravans.

I'm just not that attracted to the role of the aggressor, and, let's be honest, it's not as if there was a shortage of them anyways. Depending on how looting works I might ignore that when killing another player. If they lose their gathered materials regardless of if they are looted or not, I'll take it so it's not going to waste. If they can keep it, I'll probably let them keep it unless I feel the deserve some sort of punishment for their actions. If they drop an item I'll take it, and destroy it.

F everyone else! I respect You;-;

But really I hope to met a lot of people with different approach to social/combat interaction