Early Race & Class Choice Survey

I‘m always curious about MMORPG character demographics, so I made a survey for those of you who already have a vague idea about what they are going to play (or maybe you always play a specific archetype?). Cheers!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeclCbn4tGi1qX9oadGKEe2AYXVUojC-4RI6fLlGOW31dTslg/viewform

Comments

• MerekMerek Member
    At this point, all of this is based on, "What I hope will be good.". Nobody will play X race and X class if it's god damn awful, you're setting yourself up for a very bad experience. Once the game has been out for a few weeks, metas will form and new players will take note. Such is the cycle of the MMO.
  • VivViv Member
    Merek wrote: »
    At this point, all of this is based on, "What I hope will be good.". Nobody will play X race and X class if it's god damn awful, you're setting yourself up for a very bad experience. Once the game has been out for a few weeks, metas will form and new players will take note. Such is the cycle of the MMO.

Actually, only a small percentage of MMO players (and players of any game) aim for the competitive aspect on a high enough level for them to abandon their character because of the current meta. With the huge choice of secondary classes, there will almost certainly be a good combination for each primary class (and if not, it'll likely get balanced that way).
  • Also just because ur class sucks at release don't mean it won't be OP in 6months! Most classes generally get a turn at the spotlight at some point from my experience atleast.
  • VivViv Member
    So far, we got 68 answers and the following result:

- 35,3% picked Elves, making them the most popular race (22% Empyrean, 13% Py'rai)
    - 19,1% Humans (9% Kaelar, 10% Vaelune)
    - 17,6% Tulnar
    - 14,7% Orcs (10% Ren'kai, 4% Vek)
    - 13,3% Dwarves (12% Dünir, 1% Niküa)

Overall, Empyrean Elves are the most and Niküa Dwarves the least popular race.
    The overall trend is similar to other MMORPGs.

When it comes to primary classes, the distribution is as following:

- 16,2% Summoner
    - 16,2% Tank
    - 13,2% Rogue
    - 13,2% Fighter
    - 11,8% Cleric
    - 11,8% Ranger
    - 8,8% Mage
    - 8,8% Barden

With Summoner being the exception (and afaik we don't know a lot about it yet), ranged classes seem to be less popular as compared to close-up melee classes.
  • Sup @Viv

Nice work! I was wondering these things myself thank you so much!

I am going Tulnar Guardian all the way.

I am also leading a Tulnar-ONLY guild of vicious monsters.

If you know any of those kinds of players send them my way!!!

Guild Advert:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/48575/na-the-dark-alliance-18-aggressive-pvp-highly-cooperative-crafting-top-tier-raiding#latest

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Im a tulnar degenerate (frognar all the way), and I want my class to be summoner because I like pets :D
  • Intrepid can influence the number of people who choose each race through racial abilities. They can give elves poor racial abilities, yet they will still have good representation in game just for cosmetic reasons.
  • Kionashi wrote: »
    Im a tulnar degenerate (frognar all the way), and I want my class to be summoner because I like pets :D

Even pets have pets, now?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • NchDuNchDu Member
    Kaelar Tank here
    also known as the Tank of Hearts <3

;P
  • VivViv Member
    After receiving a whopping 102 answers, the results have shifted as following:

35% Elves (22% Empy, 14% Pyrai)
    21% Humans (11% Kaelar, 10% Vaelune)
    17% Tulnar
    14% Dwarves (11% Dünir, 3% Niküa)
    14 % Orcs (10% Ren'kai 4% Vek)

Well, the racial distribution has barely changed. I plan to do another survey about this once we get more information and in-game footage. For now, this seems to be what people prefer based on the info we got so far!

16%Summoner
    15% Tank
    14%Rogue
    13% Ranger
    13% Cleric
    11% Fighter
    10% Barden
    10% Mage

While some percentiles have changed, overall, the previous summary already showed what kind of classes people prefer.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Kionashi wrote: »
    Im a tulnar degenerate (frognar all the way), and I want my class to be summoner because I like pets :D

Even pets have pets, now?!

Could always be worse. Could be a pointy eared loot pinata.

Tulnar mage FTW. Maybe cleric see closer to launch.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.