Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetic Costumes changing more than just Armor, Yes or NO?

Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
screenshot005.jpg
Guise_of_the_Withered_Woods.png
Guise of the Withered Woods
f7.jpg
Face_of_Sorrow.png
Face of Sorrow

Everywhere I go people are about 50/50 on this so I want to see what the community’s opinion is, is it ok for cosmetics to change more than just your armor?

With the “Guise of the Withered Woods” it has been confirmed that the glowing eyes and long black nails are a part of the cosmetic (as confirmed by Steven in the chat of the “Ashes of Creation Discussion Round” whilst I was talking about this very thing)

The “Face of Sorrow” I original thought with the concept art was full plate armor in a skeletal design with a red glow (but I still thought it was all armor) not the Lava Elemental skin change (that makes you look like Bolvar Fordragon from WoW) that we see with the in game render. This makes it more like a race/skin change than an armor change. This does make me want to see what the female version looks like now though because if it ends up looking the same and the male version like how the concept art makes it seem I will be a little annoyed, now that I know that's not armor there is no reason for it to not have female features.

Comments

• Options
    Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I also want to say that both the concept art and 3D renders look good and I’m sure people love getting glowing eyes or looking like you are made of lava. I'm not pooping on the art teem
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty sure it is just cosmetic.
    No stats or abilities of any kind.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    @bloodprophet that's not the question, I know it's not anything P2W. My question is, what are people's opinions on cosmetics changing stuff more than just armor? like skin turning to lava, glowing eyes, turning your skin a different color, long fingernails, etc.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh.
    In that case I am all for it. Anything that allows people to express their individuality I like. Even if they want to play as elves. I say the more different the better even the tiny details.
    The sorrow set is the only one I have bought outside of KS stuff and I really like the looks.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Do you want armor cosmetics to only change the look of your armor or are are you ok with it changing more things about your character?
    some people may also like the option of those things but not want them tied to a specific set of armor
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it's fine coz there are 2 types of cosmetics, right?

Costumes cover the entire player (the ones you listed are costumes)

but there are also plans for individual cosmetic pieces.

In the end, I think players who don't care too much about looks will rely on costumes for a quick look.
    But we all know that cosmetics are the true endgame of MMOs, so imo costumes will be less popular as the cosmetics options grow
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    I think it's fine coz there are 2 types of cosmetics, right?

Costumes cover the entire player (the ones you listed are costumes)

but there are also plans for individual cosmetic pieces.

In the end, I think players who don't care too much about looks will rely on costumes for a quick look.
    But we all know that cosmetics are the true endgame of MMOs, so imo costumes will be less popular as the cosmetics options grow

Cosmetic are the true engame in casual mmos ...

In a good mmorpg you want that overpower gear almost now one saw or it s hard to obtain because you are strong and invested many hours in the game, that when you enter in the city the crown stop to look at your gear... Cosmetic buyed in cash shop i really don´t care, don´t measure how good that player is ...
  • Options
    I liked the skin cosmetics in ESO. I like what they've done here with the blue glowing eyes in the Withered Woods one.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seems fine.

They are costumes. Ya know, like cosplay or Halloween...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    I think its fine, my only worry is that there wont be any cool armour to equip UNLESS you pay for cosmetics.