Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What will it look like?

What do you guys expect the end product to look like graphics wise ? Do we expect it to look as nice as BDO?

Comments

• Options
    Larger scaled than bdo, more interactive and detailed than bdo, overall look of it i expect something a bit similar to BDO but a little more clear and less chaotic.

BDO hits a few things just right;

+ Animation
    + Particles
    + Models
    + Shadows
    + Lighting

But there's one thing i just can not stand and completely ruins immersion.
    the UI, what the hell, its some sci-fi spaceship shooter game eve online UI?? As long as it isn't as crowded and overtuned as that, i'll be happy.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The way it looks now. Maybe with one or two extra shaders they find along the way.

The only big changes that I see are in the UI department. UI needs the most work out of all visuals.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    The way it looks now. Maybe with one or two extra shaders they find along the way.

The only big changes that I see are in the UI department. UI needs the most work out of all visuals.

That's actually one of my biggies that either completely turns the game off for me or makes it for me. UI
    To me, a good UI should exist before any good graphics can come into play.
  • Options
    Ostaff wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

That's actually one of my biggies that either completely turns the game off for me or makes it for me. UI
    To me, a good UI should exist before any good graphics can come into play.

Big fat agree!

Imo a good UI would be;
    - Easy to navigate
    - Not too crowded and filled with text, just simple buttons, only display a textbox when someone specifically clicks something. (Like, if you go to your quest window, imo it shouldnt display the full quest dialogue yet UNTIL you press the quest title that you're on)
    - Simple colors, no neon crazy stuff
    - Not too many decorations around the borders, keep it simple.
    - Health/Mana bars minimalistic but with clear colors (Red/Blue the obvious option) so that you can see at a glance that your health or mana/energy is low.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It looks infected. See a doctor.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    I really enjoy the UI in ffxiv since every bar can be customized to your preference and every menu can be resized easily and permanently. Also agreed on the less clutter the better. I think ESO's ui is pretty good and minimalistic.

And for general looks I also think what we are seeing now is at least half way there on how it's gonna look in the end and I'm pretty okay with that. I hope animations are continued to be more polished (I think running is a bit...clunky) and ofc more character stuff added and shinied. I think environments look great now! Oh and I hope they put a lot of work into the sky bc it's my favorite thing in games. Beautiful sky makes it or breaks it.
  • Options
    Riessene wrote: »
    Oh and I hope they put a lot of work into the sky bc it's my favorite thing in games. Beautiful sky makes it or breaks it.
    Just wanna share that i agree so much on this part!!!
    Maybe it sounds a bit cheesy, but i remember just sitting with friends looking at pretty skies in games and just chatting whilst taking screenshots. Love a beautiful sunrise with godrays or moonlight shining through trees with the lanters in the cities being all cozy and stuff. Stargazing or in some games even planetgazing (i think its so cool to see other planets in the sky, loved it about planetside 2) is one of my niche little things i just love doing.

• Options
    It looks infected. See a doctor.

But, it's twice the size, now! Woop! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited March 2021
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    Larger scaled than bdo, more interactive and detailed than bdo, overall look of it i expect something a bit similar to BDO but a little more clear and less chaotic.

In other words, a better than BDO game without the domineering in-your-face pay-to-win model?

Sounds like a win-win to me ...
  • Options
    Jxshuwu wrote: »

In other words, a better than BDO game without the domineering in-your-face pay-to-win model?

Sounds like a win-win to me ...

Damn straight