Alliances

KostazzKostazz Member
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
I would love to see something bigger than guilds. I'd like to see alliances. Those alliances will work as bigger guilds where about 10 guilds will be able to join and also will have their own emblem (and when a guild of this alliance captures a castle or something like that next to the guild flag there will be also the alliance flag i think that would look really cool). This will help people with big audience like streamers or YouTubers create something great with their community and also be able to run things by themselves. Each guild master will represent his/her guild in different alliance meetings around a war table and will be able to discuss and make plans together. Seeing 2 or 3 massive alliances fight over the map in a server would be really fun and exciting In my opinion. Thanks for reading and sorry for my spelling. Keep up the great work!

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    And see them you shall...

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alliances
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Sup @Kostazz

I have an alliance. A dark one. With the word "the" in there too.

I also have cannons. Cannons for days.
    /Jokes aside. That is going to be the focus for groups of successful players. I mean success in that they will be able to experience the most of the content that way.

A clarifying detail: only 4 guilds can join an in-game alliance where there are gameplay mechanics to support it.

Outside of that, if you could get 10 guilds to work together that would be quite a force!

But how would you handle an alliance that big?

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    PoliceGirl wrote: »
    Sup @Kostazz

I have an alliance. A dark one. With the word "the" in there too.

I also have cannons. Cannons for days.
    /Jokes aside. That is going to be the focus for groups of successful players. I mean success in that they will be able to experience the most of the content that way.

A clarifying detail: only 4 guilds can join an in-game alliance where there are gameplay mechanics to support it.

Outside of that, if you could get 10 guilds to work together that would be quite a force!

But how would you handle an alliance that big?

You wouldn't handle an alliance that big. Leaders would backstab. The game would be boring to win with zerging. 10 guilds together, even if small guilds, would be cancer to deal with.

I plan on having an alliance with specific guilds based on their focus and their location. From there, we can have "agreements" with various guilds. I am not here to squash the little guy, in fact, I am here to help the smaller guilds when needed. Too big though, I would definitely just quit the game. Too many good games ruined by Asian zergs.
  • Me thinks alliances are gonna be necessary for a lot of end game content, including world bosses and node and castle sieges.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »

Wait for real they're already a thing? Man I feel dumb now lol
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    L2 alliance:

1 guild leader (50-70 members) creates an alliance. Then invitations are send to 3-4 more guild leaders that can join.

In sieges you would see a massive group of players. The guild icons by the nameplate were 5x3 in size, the alliance icon 2x3 exactly next to the guild icons.
    These alliances were between guilds that respected each other under one alliance leader.

And then yoy had some alliance leaders that basically led a zerg alliance, 4 guilds 1 leader with a combined guild/ally icon 7x3.

For me 70 members is good for a guild. More than that, it's a zerg of strangers.
    One alliance should be up to 5 guilds. More than that and it becomes boring, with only 2 alliances per server fighting it out.

In l2 some alliances were friendly with each other, some times they would help onr another, some times they would not and even have some guilds argueing.

Smaller groups sizes means better gameplay.

Larger group sizes means robots, zerging for a handful of "leaders" that have never interacted together.

• daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2021
    Kostazz wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

Wait for real they're already a thing? Man I feel dumb now lol

And we'll never let you forget it! Mwahahahaha! >:)

Hey guys, remember that time...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Sup @Khronus

"I plan on having an alliance with specific guilds based on their focus and their location. From there, we can have "agreements" with various guilds. I am not here to squash the little guy, in fact, I am here to help the smaller guilds when needed."

Kool. Very tribal.

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!