Character Creation suggestion (scars)

I know there will be scars in cc but I think games that take place in war/dangerous exploration settings are missing out on some cool ideas to let people flesh out their pcs so I thought I'll gather y'alls opinion on those and maybe something else you would like for your battle worn characters?

heDqau3.png

Comments

• KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea of adding additional options. In an MMO, we should have as many possible options as possible. Eye patch would be cool. Missing ear.......I would do this one haha.
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There could be sections of a person’s body that was replaced with something else. A plate on the skull, a new hand or a new leg leg etc.

For some of the more bulky/stoic races such as the Dunir and the Ren’kai this part could be a metal piece. For some of the more mystical races like the Py’rai or Vek this part could be a magically conjured piece.

That being said, we don’t really know much about Sanctum, the world that we’re coming from, so I don’t know if such brutal wounds would even exist. For example if Sanctum was a very peaceful world, then the player characters would probably not have seen any battles that would result in such injuries.
  • VmanGman wrote: »
    There could be sections of a person’s body that was replaced with something else. A plate on the skull, a new hand or a new leg leg etc.

For some of the more bulky/stoic races such as the Dunir and the Ren’kai this part could be a metal piece. For some of the more mystical races like the Py’rai or Vek this part could be a magically conjured piece.

That being said, we don’t really know much about Sanctum, the world that we’re coming from, so I don’t know if such brutal wounds would even exist. For example if Sanctum was a very peaceful world, then the player characters would probably not have seen any battles that would result in such injuries.

Yeah I agree! I think a prosthetic could be a great idea for a cosmetic. I really like how they are done in swtor where you can equip a piece of gear that replaces a part of your body
    AWM6hQ6.png
    6Ef2WUJ.png

Adapted to a fantasy/medieval style of course;D
  • I hope the Character Creation will have many possibilities with scars on the Body, Face. Tattoos or Bodymarks whatever. i just hope its not like ''Pre-set: Hair 1,2,3,4:done.''
    uwu
  • Related: please for the love of god don’t make scars a “body marking”. Save that category for tattoos or war paint.
  • Izzetin wrote: »
    I hope the Character Creation will have many possibilities with scars on the Body, Face. Tattoos or Bodymarks whatever. i just hope its not like ''Pre-set: Hair 1,2,3,4:done.''

I heard it's planned to be on bdo level or better so I have high hopes.
  • Caeryl wrote: »
    Related: please for the love of god don’t make scars a “body marking”. Save that category for tattoos or war paint.

Yeah picking between scar, eyeshadow and freckles is never fun:(
  • Yeah, the more the merrier! I usually spend at least 30mins creating the perfect look! o:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • In BDO the customer creation was too good took me several hours to finish 😂
  • In BDO the customer creation was too good took me several hours to finish 😂

Haha it takes me several hours even if the cc is lacking. I usually start thinking of a backstory while picking eye color and get lost in creative juice.