Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Was board, ranked MMORPG character creators. Lets talk about it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    How about the terraria character creator? You can have a lot of customisation.

(Wow, this is the second terraria post this week.)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How about the terraria character creator? You can have a lot of customisation.

(Wow, this is the second terraria post this week.)

I found Star Bound first. I is an incredible game. To the point that all attempts to play Terraria have led to my playing Star Bound instead.

Normally I like to play games and their competition to get a better perspective. Factorio and Satisfactory, Elite and Star Citizen, Conan Exiles and Ark... ect. I just can't get into Terraria.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    **Character Creator Update**
    In my quest to see all of the character creators in the lands I came across this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7uL7Ezv68&

I was pretty impressed the video from LTT. I submitted a request to test the Metahuman Creator to Epic and, was able to get my hands on it the next day.

I would defiantly say that it is extremely impressive. Because it is a Epic tool I am under the impression that Ashes could use it. To me this would be a great move so long as they are able to tweak it to match the visual style of Ashes.

I see a future with this tool that will allow us to have some amazing looking faces in video games. This is the sort of thing that really excites me. Even if it is never in Ashes it is great over for other titles.

My own luck with the character creator was not that great. I did spend hours playing with it and was not able to get exactly what I wanted. I was working with photo references to try and get a specific looking face. The same way Linus did in the video. My character came out closer than Linus got to his own face in 20 minutes, but It was like 80% as good as I wanted. If this was the Ashes character creator I estimate that it might take me a solid 2-3 hours to get a character face I am excited about.

Defiantly high A tier with the potential to be SS tier if they can add options like non human hair colors and elf ears. I recommend anyone who is interested in character creators to take the time to request access. I don't know if I got in quickly because I have used Epics Unreal DEV tools in the past or if they are just letting anyone try it, but it is worth trying. Can't beat free.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    **Character Creator Update**

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis came out the other day.

While I hate the game in its current state, the character creator does expand upon the existing PSO2 character creator.

The notable addition is that you can mix and match parts from diffrent races now.
    Otherwise, it just seems to have more options.

Updated the OP.
    TVMenSP.png