Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP Safe Zones.

So I've not been able to get the thought out of my head about PvP safe zones. I have read the wiki and found the safe zones to include player stalls, player housing and freeholds.

My question is: Are the areas within the node (town/city etc) and within a guild castle considered safe zones? (outside of sieges of course)
And if it's not known yet, should they be?

I'm currently guessing that while PvP is allowed, the guards are meant to act as a deterrent.

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2021
    Nodes aren't safe zones. As you said, the guards will attack people that attack others inside a Node. They also attack Corrupted players on sight.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    Nodes aren't safe zones. Nor should they be imo.

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Biccus wrote: »
    I'm currently guessing that while PvP is allowed, the guards are meant to act as a deterrent.

Yes, but in practice we will see how strong the guards actually are.

Could be trivial depending on the node level or something. Not something I would rely on unless the guards are literal gods.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Guards should be higher level than player characters can get to. So overpowered that it would take a raid to kill 1. And in that time, more would show up as they should have the community wide aggro zone.
  • Options
    JxshuwuJxshuwu Member
    edited March 2021
    Idk if anyone knows, but will there be a combat cooldown for safezones? Wouldn't like seeing someone attack another player, but the second they start to lose they run into a safezone with no repercussions. Can already imagine someone just camping their own house. Doubt it'll happen, but i wanna know.
  • Options
    @Jxshuwu I think that safe zones being few and far between there's little chance of that happening unless you decide to get into a fight with someone near their own property. Now how revival areas are going to work in open world PvP will be interesting if they aren't at least semi-safe zones