Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Public Execution

RamirezRamirez Member
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Was just me or a Public executional for node citizens, used to punish heavy crimes like for example betrayal or a player stooled everything from guild chest would be a great addition

- Only mayor with the council can declare this Special bounty
- Player marked with this bounty can´t windrow or drop items equipped or in inventory
- Player when haunted don´t die it s instead stay unconscious state and brought to the city
- Every player can saw the execution and do emotes, throw tomato's , cry
- Player is executed lose items and is exiled from the node

Comments

• Options
    Nope, never gunna happen. Too many flaws in the idea I don’t even want to think about them.
  • Options
    TheBlazedAceTheBlazedAce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Was just me or a Public executional for node citizens, used to punish heavy crimes like for example betrayal or a player stooled everything from guild chest would be a great addition

- Only mayor with the council can declare this Special bounty
    - Player marked with this bounty can´t windrow or drop items equipped or in inventory
    - Player when haunted don´t die it s instead stay unconscious state and brought to the city
    - Every player can saw the execution and do emotes, throw tomato's , cry
    - Player is executed lose items and is exiled from the node

While we are at it let’s add a firing squad mechanic so the audience can participate? Ehh? ;)

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Implementing this would be a nightmare.

Exiled from the node? Try it. They will come back and commit more crimes.

Imagine how pointless executions would be IRL if the criminal just respawned in a adjacent country? All you would be doing is creating revenge motives.

Players really don't like to lose control of their characters for any amount of time, much less a whole execution. If it happened to me I would just force quit the program, and go do something meaningful for a few hours while you waste your time with your silly execution. You are not going to waste my time too.

A better solution would be to allow players to take a head when killing a player. Then allow the mayor to put that head on a spike in front of town with a sign that has the players name, and reason why the head is there. This allows for some public humiliations while also keeping name recognition and player agency intact.

Not saying your idea would not work in something like Atlas or Conan Exiles. I just don't think it is right for ashes.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited March 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

Players really don't like to lose control of their characters for any amount of time, much less a whole execution. If it happened to me I would just force quit the program, and go do something meaningful for a few hours while you waste your time with your silly execution. You are not going to waste my time too.

That's what I would do too. Just pull the plug. I login to play a game, not to waste my time getting stuck in a character whom I have no control over and watching someone "executing" it.

And, giving a mayor (player) the power to cause that much annoyance to another player (rendering that character near-unplayable until it's executed) is an outright bad idea. It's bound to get abused. iirc a mayor's term lasts for a month, I for one am sure that if I ever get a hold of the mayor position, I'd be spamming that execute button as often as I'm allowed, ruining the experiences of random players for 29 days and then pack up and leave the node for good before my term's over to escape ppl's vengeance.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmm I feel like we've missed a step here. Why exactly is this a good idea? And is it worth the amount of time, money and effort for the devs to implement?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Hell yeah
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't think this particular idea would work out well, but some form of the archeage judgement system among a jury of other players could be a fun addition. If you are sentenced you get community service or exiled.

Death would be a non-starter and wouldnt make much sense, so we could easily have lore that allows people to redeem themselves rather than flat out killing them off.

As for the community service, perhaps you gain exp debt and have to work it off by defending x amount of caravans that are sent out from that node. Exiled? You get a one way trip to a location outside of the node and perhaps some sort of reputation or favor is lost with the node you were exiled from. I would say have this "trip" be a caravan. Your buddies can come attack the caravan and reduce the amount of time you are unable to play the game for, or you wait until you reach the destination and are then set free to do whatever you want, even going back to the node.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    This is some fucked shit ahah.

I agree with many points made here, i think its a bad idea.
    Simply also because i dont like naming & shaming in a game. It should exist to some extent in the game's politics, but not heavy like this, it'd make me want to create a new character so my name isn't tarnished. If word goes around that ''Jxshuwu'' has betrayed X guild or social party, no other one would want to take me in.

Im a fan of actions having consequences, even on a social level but this is above the line for me lol.
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    This is some fucked shit ahah.

I agree with many points made here, i think its a bad idea.
    Simply also because i dont like naming & shaming in a game. It should exist to some extent in the game's politics, but not heavy like this, it'd make me want to create a new character so my name isn't tarnished. If word goes around that ''Jxshuwu'' has betrayed X guild or social party, no other one would want to take me in.

Im a fan of actions having consequences, even on a social level but this is above the line for me lol.

I was leader of a small guild in albion online, i had confidence on player that had played with me for 6 months, give me access to guild chest and one of our islands, one they that bastard just stooled everything during the night and leaved the guild whiteout consequence, since then i really which that i had a tool to hunt an punish a player in a really tyrant way, that is name is stained all over the kingdom
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited March 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Implementing this would be a nightmare.

Exiled from the node? Try it. They will come back and commit more crimes.

Imagine how pointless executions would be IRL if the criminal just respawned in a adjacent country? All you would be doing is creating revenge motives.

A better solution would be to allow players to take a head when killing a player. Then allow the mayor to put that head on a spike in front of town with a sign that has the players name, and reason why the head is there. This allows for some public humiliations while also keeping name recognition and player agency intact.

Not saying your idea would not work in something like Atlas or Conan Exiles. I just don't think it is right for ashes.

Why not? I m not talking like this was a recurrent system for every crime, this was supposed to be an exceptional system for big crimes, and something that would take around 15/20 min don´t need hours, if you log off players will watch your execution anyway and your name will be stained all over the node...

I mean prison and judgment and sentence was really fun in archage and people loved, i loved Jurors humiliating during the sentence and pointing here names to revenge after i leave the jail, but the flaw with that system in archage was that you just lose time , and nothing personal...

But i like the head spike on the city to
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have a different idea.

If The company should have cause to suspend a player for actions that involve hacking/mods/duping ect, then have the player placed in stocks during the time suspended. Have a feature that allows players to throw tomatoes and lettuce at them. You could even attach a minor reward for doing it once. This way the players involved would have a reputation.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Why not? I m not talking like this was a recurrent system for every crime, this was supposed to be an exceptional system for big crimes, and something that would take around 15/20 min don´t need hours, if you log off players will watch your execution anyway and your name will be stained all over the node...

I mean prison and judgment and sentence was really fun in archage and people loved, i loved Jurors humiliating during the sentence and pointing here names to revenge after i leave the jail, but the flaw with that system in archage was that you just lose time , and nothing personal...

But i like the head spike on the city to

Any amount of my time is too much when its game time.

People loved the ArcheAge justice system? That is a highly debatable statement.

If someone slights you. Just put a bounty out like a normal person. No need to waste time with all of this pageantry.

My head on the spike idea is about the best compromise you could ask for.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    but the flaw with that system in archage was that you just lose time , and nothing personal...
    That wasn't the flaw in the Archeage system.

Any punishment a game can give players can be reduced down to the amount of time the player needs to spend to make up for said punishment.

Any other attempts to punish players only result in making the game les playable - something developers obviously won't do.

However, us players have a far greater ability to punish others than the developers will ever implement in to the game.