Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

SUGGESTION: Everyone who has brought a pack from the shop gets 1 beta key to give to a friend?

ShadowcraftShadowcraft Member, Intrepid Pack
Hello there!

I would like to make a suggestion to Intrepid to please consider granting everyone who has purchased a package from the shop a single key for the last beta before the official launch so they can have their best friend come and explore Ashes of Creation with them.

Be it a key that only lasts a week or a few days I genuinely think this would be a fantastic idea and would be a win-win for all!

A few of The Pros:

1) Being able to experience the thrill of being apart of something with a friend, games are at their best I find when played with friends!

2) Enabling such would be a savvy move for Intrepid themselves as it would allow more people to try out their game, be apart of the launch hype and I genuinely suspect with everything I have seen so far, this would not only be a nice thing to do but something I hope would bring Intrepid the extra attention, interest and new community members and players it deserves,

3) At the risk of being cheesy, The larger the community grows the more opportunity to make new friends make memories, and have fun grow too.

A few of the Cons:

1) Such might not be possible due to the server's capability to deal with that many players or might risk if the number of players attempting to log in causes long ass waiting for cues, granted, I think most of us are used to logging in ques :)

2) you will get one or two opportunist scallywags who will just sell their spare key for some monies.

3) something unexpected happens and all those with VR headsets on getting stuck inside the game...... their bodies left in the real world in an unresponsive state, where the players must band together to overcome the game's trials and tribulations so be able to once more have the ability to log out... and make those sweet sweet memes...

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nothing is free brother. I have friends I'd like to test with but nothing is free.
  • Options
    Nothing is free brother. I have friends I'd like to test with but nothing is free.

Oh, that's not true :)

Samples often are and that is effectively what I'm suggesting, just like wow and other games have recruit a friend or free trails because its effective at generating new consumers, the same principle I believe would fit here too no? ;)
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2021

Oh, that's not true :)

Samples often are and that is effectively what I'm suggesting, just like wow and other games have recruit a friend or free trails because its effective at generating new consumers, the same principle I believe would fit here too no? ;)

It would fit, but you do realize that WoW didn't have it at launch, right?

If you are putting a system in place to bring in new customers, you don't do that at launch when you are expecting a whole lot of new customers. You do it later on, when you aren't expecting a whole lot of new customers.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    In all seriousness, testing isnt a product yet.
    The monetary barrier filters for good testers.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It is really easy to give things away for free with a closed wallet.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    High-tier kickstarter backers got Beta keys to give out, but you had to spend at least $1000 for the Leader of Men pack.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

If you are putting a system in place to bring in new customers, you don't do that at launch when you are expecting a whole lot of new customers. You do it later on, when you aren't expecting a whole lot of new customers.

Fair point.

• Options
    The monetary barrier filters for good testers.

I would disagree with that. It filters for wealthier testers and people desperate to play the game. It's just easier to stress test your servers with a monetary barrier restricting how many people can get in.

As for beta keys for pack purchases. I'm totally against that, you already get a pretty fair value of things from the pack in terms of sub value and ember costs.
    (3) kind of makes (1) less of a point. Make friends in game and you won't need to play with your current friends. :)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Biccus wrote: »
    I would disagree with that. It filters for wealthier testers and people desperate to play the game. It's just easier to stress test your servers with a monetary barrier restricting how many people can get in.

I disagree with your disagreement. In my experience open betas are full of entitled smooth brains who expect everything to work perfectly, whilst paid alphas and betas tend to have more people who understand what they are getting into when they purchase access to the game.

The only exception I would make to this is some steam games that practically consider early access to be launch. In general though I notice more reasonable perspectives from people who have to risk paying for early access than people who have it handed to them.

Just my personal experience though.

Your points against giving out beta keys are solid though.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.