[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Time played

Are there any plans to implement a wow /played or steam hours played system? I love being able to see how much time I've spent in a game and honestly, it makes me want to play games more. I know that even if I'm completely wasting my time, not getting better or progressing, that hours played number is showing my dedication to the game.

Comments

• I don't know, for me I would be happy to not have it. I mean I have 5,1k hours in Dota 2 and sometimes I feel pretty shitty about it haha
    "Why do we fight? To protect Home, and Family, to preserve Balance, and bring Harmony.
    For my kind, the true question is: What is worth fighting for?"
    giphy.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    DaveMLG wrote: »
    I don't know, for me I would be happy to not have it. I mean I have 5,1k hours in Dota 2 and sometimes I feel pretty shitty about it haha

This
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it, the first thing I do when I cap in a new game is run the /age or /played command.

I also like to see the "time on current level".
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • "This character is 8 years and 11 months old."

Awesome B)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Hey @daveywavey @Vhaeyne @George Black @DaveMLG @ohToasty !

Instead of tracking time-played for each game "to show my dedication to the game;"

Let's have a counter that records all the things we didn't do in life while playing the game!

Didn't take out the trash = 37 times
    Didn't write my essay = 4 times
    Didn't find a girlfriend = 375 times

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Yes! I love showing off that i have no life outside of games (genuinely not sarcastic). Its cool to see how much time i spent in my previous games, and i feel good about doing so. I have 8000 hours in csgo, 3000 in arma 2, 1500 in albion online and a few 100-300 hour games.

It's really nice to have, think of the future. Like in WoW, someone who has played since classic probably thinks its really cool to check their /played to see how much time they wasted.
  • PoliceGirl wrote: »
    Hey @daveywavey @Vhaeyne @George Black @DaveMLG @ohToasty !

Instead of tracking time-played for each game "to show my dedication to the game;"

Let's have a counter that records all the things we didn't do in life while playing the game!

Didn't take out the trash = 37 times
    Didn't write my essay = 4 times
    Didn't find a girlfriend = 375 times

Ohhhhh man, my wife already has one of those lists for me...... :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • lol

I don't care either way but the argument for it is pretty funny.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East