Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Countries of each race.

Countries of each race.

(I always put the example of L2 because I think it is the only mmorpg that is worth playing, the rest are substitutes / attempts to create games that I have been discarding one by one as unplayable.)

The map was initially divided into a country of each race (later more areas were added to the map), therefore when you started playing, you only knew your race. To be able to see different characters, you had to happen upon someone who went there to perform a class quest, already of a certain high level. Therefore, it was fascinating to see those characters with those weapons and equipment, the surprise was great.

Then also, to reach the rest of the countries and be able to soak up the beauty of each place and its characters, cities, npc etc, you could not use teleportation because you were directly poor, and you did not have adena to do it, and to get from the city It cost you half an hour to walk to the city, always enjoying the landscapes, following the marked path, because if you got out of it maybe some aggressive monster would see you and make you kiss the ground, which returned you at the beginning, with due wasted experience and time.

Another thing, for example, if you liked the role, when you chose to be a Dark Elf, the tension with the Elves (those blondies) was noticeable. Also, if you, as a Dark Elf, died within the country of the elves, you reappeared again in your city, you could not be reborn in the country of the elves (with what it cost to get there !!!)

As you progressed in level, which was very complicated, you could finally reach Dion, with which you could already see characters of all races, Dwarves, Humans, Elves ... and of all their classes. The "culture" shock was brutal and you were finally beginning to know the game and all its possibilities.

And this is where true friendships and alliances for the future began, where you met those people who would mark a before and after in your future in the game.

In ashes of creation, do races start with a country of origin? or does it start anywhere? maybe random? Will it be difficult to get to the cities? (I hope that at first yes, so that we have the feeling of always discovering something new).

A hug :)

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    No you don't' start with a country of origin, since you are coming back from a different plane of existence.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    :o
  • Options
    Gannito wrote: »
    Will it be difficult to get to the cities? (I hope that at first yes, so that we have the feeling of always discovering something new).

There are no cities, you come back to a barren world, that you must build and populate.
  • Options
    JxshuwuJxshuwu Member
    edited March 2021
    They confirmed that you can be any race and choose any starting zone in order to play with your friends.
    So you can be an orc and your mate an elf and still play together from level 1. (Don't believe these are the actual race names, just an example)
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    They confirmed that you can be any race and choose any starting zone in order to play with your friends.
    So you can be an orc and your mate an elf and still play together from level 1. (Don't believe these are the actual race names, just an example)

Those are actual racial names, in that we have humans, elves, orcs, and dwarves. That isn't the full name of each race, but those are the races. And each of those races is subdivided into 2 subraces, for a total of 8.

Race_Chart.png

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    @Atama Ah thanks!! I'm super bad at memorizing names and i knew that the specific race names were different than usual (like Ren'kai and Vek). Gonna save that picture :)
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Atama Ah thanks!! I'm super bad at memorizing names and i knew that the specific race names were different than usual (like Ren'kai and Vek). Gonna save that picture :)

Here's a tip; if you're trying to remember something or want to look up something you don't know, check out the site that @Jahlon runs: https://ashes101.com/

It's a fantastic resource with lots of information but succinct; it has what you want to know without too much fluff. And there are references for everything so you can go back to the source if you want to see where the info came from (usually a livestream).

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

Here's a tip; if you're trying to remember something or want to look up something you don't know, check out the site that @Jahlon runs: https://ashes101.com/

It's a fantastic resource with lots of information but succinct; it has what you want to know without too much fluff. And there are references for everything so you can go back to the source if you want to see where the info came from (usually a livestream).

Thanks, that's really cool. Appreciate it.