[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can I be a military priest?

A question that was asked on the March forums dealt with the military metropolis leader which leads to my question: I love healing and find my groove in every MMO I play. I also like the military aspect of the leadership... however if the leadership is based off combat is there any way a healer can every become leader of a military metropolis or will it be limited to a select list of dps classes?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Everyone will have to use a champion. You can become a metro leader of a military node through the champion. I do not think champions will be able to heal though. Maybe they will have a self heal but because of no 1v1 balance the official classes can't be used.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I would love more information on these champions if you can add a link so I can reference where it is listed on the forums. Thanks @Neurath
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Military_nodes

We don't have much more information than the link I've given you above. The systems have yet to be implemented.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • KusaijshiKusaijshi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ehh if i remember Right they said that you need to fight for yourself to become the mayor of a military node in the arena fight. you cant let a friend of yours fight for you and then get the position???
    in the march update it was one of the questions at the end and i think steven said since its a military node you need to fight for yourself and not with politics and let handle others YOUR fights. the winner will be the mayor if im correct???

and why shouldn,t you be able to fight the last man standing fight as a healer.
    In many games Healers are strong enemy when they are played right. you can outsustain your enemys with healing and kill them slow and steady. since AoC will be a slower game in "killspeed" (they said so). other glass cannon classes shouldnt be able to kill you in an instant if you heal yourself and they die slowly from you or an other DD kills them.
    i think the least players who will be a mayor in military nodes are the glass cannons since everyon ewill hopp into there faces as soon the last man standing fight begins because they are the main threat that will burst you down from behind when attacking a more tanky enemy
  • We don't really got enough information on the specifics of this system to have a valid opinion on it yet. You don't use your class to compete though. Champions will completely replace your player character. At least that's how it worked last time it was talked about. It could still turn into something completely different though.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    We don't really got enough information on the specifics of this system to have a valid opinion on it yet. You don't use your class to compete though. Champions will completely replace your player character. At least that's how it worked last time it was talked about. It could still turn into something completely different though.

This is a good synopsis of what we have. Although there is information about bonuses from outside sources contributing to your champion's abilities.

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!