[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Werewolf

LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Want.

Comments

• Maybe a Tulnar can be made to look wolfish.

Otherwise, not happening, I think.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • I think both scales and fur were mentioned in regards to Tulnar character customization. It's possible there will be enough customizable options to get the Lycanthrope appearance you're looking for.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No
    Izil.png
  • LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would be happy if they allow us to create a wolf beast as one of the Tulnar, as long as the legs were digitigrade.

Also, to the trolls here, I will bite your face.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally hope for a Wolf version of Tulnar as well.
    Time will tell.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Lycancoffee

Do you have to be able to transform from man to wolf or is just a always "wolfman" acceptable?
    What if the legs can't be digitigrade due to the extra animations required?

I feel like wolf Tulnar is a definite maybe, but the other asks are less likely.

I am just hoping elves are not stuck with a few skin colors myself.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • I have seen werewolves and vampires done properly before. Mostly on hardcore RPG servers where they were considered a threat and actively hunted. In an MMO with no permadeath though having this as race more than a perk is probably more feasible. It could be done properly as a sort of an event where people could get cursed by AI/GM and could infect/kill others however it would probably take too much time and resources for it to be worth it.
  • LycancoffeeLycancoffee Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    @Lycancoffee

Do you have to be able to transform from man to wolf or is just a always "wolfman" acceptable?
    What if the legs can't be digitigrade due to the extra animations required?

I feel like wolf Tulnar is a definite maybe, but the other asks are less likely.

I am just hoping elves are not stuck with a few skin colors myself.

I would be ok with just being in "werewolf" form permanently. In many ways I'd actually prefer this to what we've seen in ESO, which has caused endless balancing issues. The way WoW did it was cute, but honestly I almost never saw any reason to be human in WoW, nor did I really want to.

I agree with you that, with the massive amounts of combat system balance challenges this game is going to have, cosmetic options for a "werewolf' looking avatar or even "vampiric" looking avatars would be a healthy and (somewhat?) cost effective way of scratching our itches and patting our heads.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    [
    I would be ok with just being in "werewolf" form permanently. In many ways I'd actually prefer this to what we've seen in ESO, which has caused endless balancing issues. The way WoW did it was cute, but honestly I almost never saw any reason to be human in WoW, nor did I really want to.

I agree with you that, with the massive amounts of combat system balance challenges this game is going to have, cosmetic options for a "werewolf' looking avatar or even "vampiric" looking avatars would be a healthy and (somewhat?) cost effective way of scratching our itches and patting our heads.

We got angels apparently...

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Racial_skins

It seems like its not impossible as a racial skin. Lord knows it would sell.

If we are asking for racial skins, I would just want medusa hair...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Becoming a vampire in eso was one of the coolest things I've ever done in an mmo. But they were extremely op in pvp at first, then nerfed into being more of a handicap instead of any kind of benefit. Werewolf was underpowered at first, then became decent and viable.

I dunno if they fit with the lore of AoC. And I could definitely do without them, cool as they were. But if they were added in any kind of way I'd want to see them only have benefits for certain playstyles. Otherwise everyone's gonna be one. And that's kinda silly.
  • Add to the pile...

Go Tulnar!

The Dark Alliance is building the Tulnar Civilization on our server!

[NA] [18+] - We need EVERYONE!

If you want in, send me a message!
  • Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    So the Tulnar are going to be your best bet. When you start at character creation you will pick between Humanoid, Mammalian (Beast Race), and Reptilian (lizardmen, dragonborn, Kobold) skeletal types, then you will have sliders and options to pick a verity of traits to mix and match all the races to get your Tulnar looking how you want.

Steven has said that there is a possibility to have future Racial skins like a lich and a Werewolf skin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY-JEV49xYY&t=287s
    and even re confirmed in a Q&A in 2019 https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/aomez2/february_8_2019_questions_and_answers/
    Q: Will there be more cool racial skins like that of the fire and ice, or angel and demon Kickstarter racial skins but for those of us that missed them?
    A: Yes.