Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just a random idea that came to my mind

I think It'd be awesome if we can marry NPCs and the world around us may alter based on that choice and the action we make depend on the importance and impactfulness of the respective NPC

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    From what I understand. When a node changes the NPCs change with it.

Your waifu might randomly blink out of existence. :D
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    That elf you married could change into an orc with enough node influence.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not trying to sound mean but this is a terrible idea. This would be so overwhelmingly difficult to code into existence for thousands of players to do and be balanced or have any relevance to what the game is trying to be. Marriage in an MMO is just a really silly thing to add into a game as it is...... and I do enjoy the occasional roleplay.
  • Options
    I think the world would run out of NPCs to marry, unless they can marry multiple players at once o.o?
    The only thing i do like about this idea, is maybe some kind of bonus you get to certain activities? Like if you marry a woodworker or tailor, you get bonus exp or quality in that respective skill. Although this could also just be done in the form of clans/guilds like ESO where you have Mages guild, fighters guild etc. so you join a tailoring guild and you get bonuses from that or some shit.
  • Options
    Jxshuwu wrote: »
    I think the world would run out of NPCs to marry, unless they can marry multiple players at once o.o?

Would the Corruption System apply for characters who shared the same spouse?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Khronus wrote: »
    Not trying to sound mean but this is a terrible idea.

It's fine, it is a terrible idea, be mean.
  • Options
    Juicy DubsJuicy Dubs Member
    edited April 2021
    While I don't think this is an inherently bad idea, albeit an unfeasible one - let's say you go through the in-game marraige ceremony with a fellow player.

Let's say this fellow player is also your close friend beyond the confines of the virtual fantasy game.

Then, suffice it to say that "life happens" and one of you were to pass...

Having an accessible NPC which mirrors your in-game spouse's character, that of someone you once knew IRL or at the very least, close and longlasting penpals, could be a pleasant and desirable memento to some. Continuing the adventure in their memory to honor a shared passtime.

But perhaps haunting to others. It's late and I think weird thoughts.
  • Options
    Juicy Dubs wrote: »
    It's late and I think weird thoughts.

Online forums are absolutely the place for you. Welcome! B)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    make friends and perhaps marry their character?
    However, I am intrigued with the buff idea of marrying a crafter like npc though...