Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So how was AoC initially funded and how will it be in the future?

Hi all, I am new here and just posted in the introduction thread. I am not sure if this is in the right category but I thought it seemed appropriate.

So I just left WoW because of the amount of hypocrisy coming from Blizz, trying to make money at the cost of gameplay experience, and not responding to people.

Then I found this game and I was astonished when I look at this forum and see the staff responding and being fully transparent. Also, you have a spoken non P2W-policy which I love.

So my questions are these:
how was this game initially funded?
What is the structure of the company, shareholders etc?
How will you make money in the future, subscription, payment of game, microtransactions etc?
If they company is private, will it ever go public?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The owner of the company put up $40,000,000 of his own money to start the game. The crowdfunding and such was mostly done as a means of gauging interest in the game.

The structure of the company is that Steven owns it.

The plan for monetization is a subscription game with no initial purchase cost, and no expansion cost. This will be supplemented by a cosmetic only cash shop.

There are no plans to take the company public.
  • Options
    I am almost tearing up, it sounds so beautiful. It's exactly what I would do if I had the cash
  • Options
    Palagos wrote: »
    I am almost tearing up, it sounds so beautiful. It's exactly what I would do if I had the cash

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/