Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bards in Node Sieges

I have an idea that would make the bard class stand out in Node Sieges, and probably give purpose for other classes, i.e. rogues. As I understand it, the bard class is going to be a supportive class with active and passive skills that enhances the rest of the party with buffs (survivablity and damage dealing), and maybe debuffs for the enemy? If that is the case, bards would have a huge impact on the node sieges! It may be difficult to find the opposite team's bard in such a huge clash, but not if the bards are carrying banners on their backs during node sieges. This will make the bard a more interesting class over all for PvP-ers, as well as it gives more purpose to have a rogue in a siege (if we are strictly looking at what a rogue actually is). This will also make it harder for healers and tanks, as they have to keep an eye on their own bards in order for the war to not shift against their favore. What are your thoughts on this subject, as well as node sieges and bards in general?

<AlcheMR>

Comments

• Options
    They'll be the ones in lederhosen strumming on an oversized lute.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Targeting the bard seems crazy to me.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »
    They'll be the ones in lederhosen strumming on an oversized lute.

I now want to see a pied piper bard leading all the attackers of the walls
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    giphy.gif
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Perfect :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace