Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dwarven Ironclads?

DragnonDragnon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
In August 2018 Intrepid Studios offered a Dwarven themed skin pack for sale including a gauntlet, torso, caravan, freehold building, pet and mount skin. Missing however was a ship skin. On most monthly skin packs we see a ship skin however on this early offering from August 2018, we did not. What are the chances we will have an opportunity to purchase an Ironclad like ship skin to match the set?
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/2018-08-07_Newsletter#/media/File:newsletter_pre-order-packs.png
Dwarf Bard

Comments

• Options
    Since when do dwarves use ships? o:)
  • Options
    You don't see them because the ironclad nautilus is a submersible. Dwarven engineering at its finest.
    Dwarf Bard
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    Alright, hear me out...

The bear IS the ship
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gannito wrote: »
    Since when do dwarves use ships? o:)

Earth Ships.
    They Drill around underground and pop-out behind the walls of a seiged node.
    Shortcut to the backline.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    So in the lore the Dunzenkell Dwarves actually originally come from an island and sailed to the main land of Verra's continent on ships made of stone and steel before they became the more traditional mountain dwelling Dwarves.

As for getting Dwarven Ironclads, I'm not sure about that. Dwarven Ironclads and steam powered and AoC is going for a more an old school fantasy world less an industrial one, granted we do see/hear about a lot of arcanepunk/magic-punk stuff like canons that don't use gunpowder, Potion launchers, and airships. there was/is no magic in Sanctus so they are/had to be more technologically advanced.
    The Dunir are Nordic cultural influence so their ships will most likely look more like Viking langskip.
    The Niküa are Polynesian influence and we have already seen some of their ships
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I demand dwarf land ships!

1wuhfyx4q5z41.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I'm sad we don't have any ironclad cosmetic ship packages yet :(
    Dwarf Bard