Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thought on transformation mounts in aoc

insaneloliinsaneloli Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hey

So i recently had a discussion with someone about how for some people mmo's are all about collecting mounts which is something aoc is going to have no lack off.

This made me wonder if aoc is going to have transformation mounts i am thinking mounts like the sandstone drake which caused you to turn onto the drake and allowed a part member to ride you making it a two person mount. Despite being something you could easily buy in the auction house with gold for that reason it was my favorite mount so personally i hope the developers will consider adding this kind of mount to the game even if they are only single person mounts.

Am i the only one that would be really excited about that?

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They have mentioned multi person mounts.

Dunno about you turning into the mount yourself tho.
    If there's more shape-shifting magic, I don't see why not; but I don't think shape-shifting is going to be a big magic school in AoC.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »

If there's more shape-shifting magic, I don't see why not; but I don't think shape-shifting is going to be a big magic school in AoC.

Sounds kinky :p
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    insaneloliinsaneloli Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do hope they will do something like this just because the idea of becoming the mount itself is fairly unique.
  • Options
    insaneloli wrote: »
    I do hope they will do something like this just because the idea of becoming the mount itself is fairly unique.

Just play a druid in D&D and take wild shape :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Sounds kinky :p

Mystique flashbacks....... <3<3<3
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    I loved the sandstone drake vial.

It was such a fun reward for going through the pain that was archeology. I think it would be cool to have things like that in Ashes, just a little different, just a different way of aquiring "a thing". In general, with husbandry being a thing I do hope not all tames are the same. There is a lot of potential ways to tame beasts and creatures and I do hope deeply that they will challenge us with coming up with >>solutions<< on how to tame x y and z creature to become a rideable mount. Be it finding out what food to lure them with, what trapping methode to use, a way to befriend them, in general just understanding how to find them. There are so many topics that go into it, I hope they do make use of some of it.

Especially if it doesn't turn into something trivial in just a few months.
    I always felt the sandstone drake needed some kind of requirement to use. Even if it was just to be maxed(or maybe a step below) in archeology yourself and just didn't want to go through the process of farming it yourself. ( I definitely abused the novelty of it for some nice cash)
    That's also something I thought would be neat to have, not just buying a mount from a Tamer but needing some form of requirement to use it, even if it's just a little period of time where you have to befriend your newly bought mount with some carrots.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You wont see me use something like this.

Nobody rides Vhaeyne...

Nobody...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

Nobody rides Vhaeyne...

Nobody...

What if you carried them like a mommy cat?
    hqdefault.jpg
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    grisu wrote: »

Nobody rides Vhaeyne...

Nobody...

hqdefault.jpg

Yes.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    As much as I love the idea of it, I think it would have to be a class bound sub ability. Otherwise I don't know if it would logically fit.

If there is a shapeshifter/druidic class that can do this.. Sign me up 100%
    Handsome-Jakx.png
  • Options
    grisu wrote: »

Nobody rides Vhaeyne...

Nobody...

hqdefault.jpg

Yes.

So how much can I say with out getting banned :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Get interrupted mid-transformation and you end up a Tulnar. From now on, in my mind, that's how they came into being.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Percimes wrote: »

Get interrupted mid-transformation and you end up a Tulnar. From now on, in my mind, that's how they came into being.

*gasp*

You're right.
    This is Tulnar Witchcraft.
    Heracy.
    BURN IT ALL.
    I wish I were deep and tragic