Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Take Your Time

I want AoC to be a great game that I can play for a very long time. If it takes another 2 years before launch that's fine with me. I don't want to play alpha and probably not beta; I can wait for launch. But if you stop saying you are fully funded I will preorder. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Luinmar wrote: »
    I want AoC to be a great game that I can play for a very long time. If it takes another 2 years before launch that's fine with me. I don't want to play alpha and probably not beta; I can wait for launch. But if you stop saying you are fully funded I will preorder. Thank you

Thinking it will take another 2 year when in truth it more like 4
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2021
    2 years is the bare minimum it will take anyway even if they did try and rush it probably.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No later than April 1, 2022, I am sure.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Take your time IS. I want to move back to EU for good ping.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    I would think with such dramatic and rapid improvements ongoing in the CGI realm at the moment that to allow the game to creep longer may end up resulting in delivering a game with polished mechanics but at the expense of dated / non-competitive visual quality to what is then current. Both battles need to be won.

Then you have player/customer sentiment that is well carried when there is project momentum.. take too long and the sentiment waivers
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    I would think with such dramatic and rapid improvements ongoing in the CGI realm at the moment that to allow the game to creep longer may end up resulting in delivering a game with polished mechanics but at the expense of dated / non-competitive visual quality to what is then current. Both battles need to be won.

Then you have player/customer sentiment that is well carried when there is project momentum.. take too long and the sentiment waivers

Agreed, there are a few MMOs that I heard are developing, or getting ready to develop using Unreal 5. While hardcore players might stay, there are always the ones that like shiny and new. Even Lineage 2 is supposed to remaster to Unreal 4 in the near future.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    All the more reason for AoC to use time consolidating its own identity as a new gaming experience, instead of rushing to compete with sequels.
    I wish I were deep and tragic