Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Contract for selling freeholds

I noticed that the freeholds or similar houseing mechanisms have a limited number.

It is only natural that players sell them at some point. I don't want to list the reasons here.

So how do players sell their house and can that damage the game?

In other games, trust was relied on, as there was no in-game mechanics for it. In the trade you have given the gold to that person and then trust you to vacate the house. also at the risk of someone being around and snapping it under their noses.

something like that can lead to bad gaming experiences, to reallive money trading and yes it also makes it difficult to track down ingame gold traders.

In any case, there must be a contract that can be purchased cheaply.
As a suggestion: Scribes can make contracts / make them as an item.
Any taxes and duties of any kind must be included in the price.

How do you feel abaut that ?

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Location of a freehold is tied to the certificate you get from the parent Node.

According to the wiki, freeholds themselves will not be sellable.
    The certificate might be tradeable though (?)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In node development area houses and apartments may be able to be sold. Freeholds are not currently going to be sold because they have specific progression paths that would not work with selling the actual freehold to someone else. (last info I have on that.)
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • but my last infos are :

They are limited
    are in the ingame world

so at the end the freeholds are rare , and many players want to get one , but sure not every one can get a freehold. so you can destroy your freehold and another player can claim it right ? thats the problem abaut it.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Patsold wrote: »
    but my last infos are :

They are limited
    are in the ingame world

so at the end the freeholds are rare , and many players want to get one , but sure not every one can get a freehold. so you can destroy your freehold and another player can claim it right ? thats the problem abaut it.

That only happens if you lose the node war
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The number of freeholds in a node that falls under the zoi of a Tier 3 or higher node is only limited by free space in that node and the restrictions on freehold placement in that node. The wiki has all of what has been said by Intrepid in detail. I suggest giving that a look if you do not understand. Or come to the Discord and ask people some questions in real time. Someone does not "claim" your freehold in the case of a node losing a siege. It is destroyed if targeted by players in the two hour window that occurs after the siege. People cannot target and destroy freeholds of their own or allied players. All sorts of details that you are missing. Good luck in your info quest.
  • SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is there an ongoing "tax" to keep a freehold? If not, long standing nodes may have issues with player attrition an inactive players owning nodes.

I don't think you could sell your freehold, but perhaps the land? (Or if it's a tax just cancel paying and your freehold goes away so others can sigh up for it in the node?)
    edited April 2021
    Edit: Removed broken links showing taxation quotes.

This is all information that can be easily found on the wiki. If you are still struggling to understand how housing works in Ashes, here is a link.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing