Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

In game events that might fit with AoC

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I did a quick search and could not find in-game events being discussed much, so if there is a thread and it is much older, apologies.

I have enjoyed events across other games, including those outside the MMORPG realm.

What are some in-game events that you have enjoyed from another game that might fit with AoC?

Comments

• Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Spawning 5k bears in a zone all at once....

Or a duck coming out and randomly stealing a players loot drop....
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rift zone events are fun for a time.
    They could be better if it had a more long term effects. Have mobs spawn and just go out across the map killing stuff as they go including players makes the world feel more dangerous. Not knowing if a random mob or group of them is killing their way across forces people to pay attention to what is going on.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Rift zone events are fun for a time.
    They could be better if it had a more long term effects. Have mobs spawn and just go out across the map killing stuff as they go including players makes the world feel more dangerous. Not knowing if a random mob or group of them is killing their way across forces people to pay attention to what is going on.

We have the monster coin events keep in mind.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    People are going to hate me for this.

The cursed swords from lineage 2. Was a sweet system. I had Zariche once, and it literally made my life.

Basically the game has a random chance to drop a cursed weapon. There can only be one of each cursed weapon in the world at a time. The holder can not unequip the weapon. The player can not be in a party or be buffed or healed. They are instantly red. When these things dropped the sky would turn red and the ground would shake. The weapon holders location was shown on the map. Later on they made it transform you into a dumb looking knight which I hated. The weapon can be OP AF, but it needs to feed on player blood to increase the life span of the sword.

What was cool about this event was that it was always going on, and the whole server would hunt you down for the weapon, but if you got the sword going with enough blood. You were like a roaming raid boss with a thirst for blood. Very handy for guild wars and such. Defiantly something that people would use to wreck peoples days. Add some real turmoil to the world.

The system was not perfect, but it could be made to work with Ashes.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I hate non game world events such as easter egg hunts, hallowing, christmas trees and santa hats.
    Any inventory unique item/reward events are just annoying to me. And boring as.

I would like to see GM organized events, back by developer placed systems:

How about we build a temple to the goddess of creation 1 month after we arrive in vera? GM X can call on us to do so. There could be processing stations on the plot of land we will build the temple, gatherers will bring the material, processers will process them, and step by step we will see the temple being shapped. Once it's rdy, there will be a speech from a priestess GM looking NPC, some unique soundtrack on loop and we can all gather to witness it.

Or there could be a marriage between 2 noble NPCs from 2 different nodes. Some players can work towards bringing materials for the celebration, and if successful we get a bit of unique speech again, and some soundtrack, some dancing NPCs as well as players at the appointed date and time. Other players might be opposed and they can attack the caravans carrying the material (without being able to reap rewards).
    Or there could be an instance outside of the church during the weeding. People can join teams for or against the marriage. If the team opposing the marriage wins, the church becomes PvP zone and let all hell break loose. If not the marriage continues.

Another could be just a GM sanctioned knight fair. Mounted 1v1, random 1v1, class based 1v1, small scale, team v team. Good rewards for only few days a year.

• Options
    @Vhaeyne I hear you on Zariche, I hadn`t thought of that as an event but sure. I would be all for it.

I had Zariche for all of about 6-7hrs before being taken out, it was probably one of the greatest moments in 6 years of playing.

When I spotted the global announcement that Zariche had dropped, I dropped everything, ported to the nearest location and sprinted for it. I was fortunate to pick it up, just milliseconds before about 20 others and including the number one pvp`er on the server got hands on it. As soon as obtained I ported out..

For the next few hours, I got spammed death threats from that player stating that if I did not hand it over I would be forever marked.

I think, from memory, I got to an area to xp 1 in 5 attempts before set upon by the hoards of other players that wanted to take possession.. then got some serious xp increase for the few times I did get out as the key players that were keenest to take it off me logged out.. was a fantastic experience.. the whole time an adrenaline rush.

Replicating those kind of experiences, for sure!
  • Options
    I had thought of the winter yeti in Hawken, for xmas.

Hawken a mech team based 5 v 5 shooter for winter would have snow falling and a random yeti would port into the map and drop something if you were fortunate to shoot it enough as it ran around. Was quite odd as in some games, there were tentative moments to decide to do you ignore your enemy for the yeti and miss out on the drop or do you kill the enemy and ignore the drop.
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited April 2021
    akabear wrote: »
    For the next few hours, I got spammed death threats from that player stating that if I did not hand it over I would be forever marked.

Haha what a whiner. I'm betting your gaming experience was barely affected by them "Marking you" as well @akabear
  • Options
    @Bricktop

She was all smoke and no fire.. can`t remember the name but was damn good at pvp, way overpowered.. used to 1 shot me.. but then again, I was not great pvp but nobody of near level should be able to be one shotted. That`s just broken.

Anyhow, I think from memory it was pair of daggers from your clan that took me out after a bit of persistence! Without a group, it could only have been a rouge that could have got that deep into a dungeon to try anyhow.

Great times!
  • Options
    I hope the monster coin events really pan out! They have great promise.

Would love to see multiple player controlled mobs spawn at same time.. and strong incentives for controlling the mob and killing the mob so they are not non-events..
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The bone zone.

Every year one node turns into skeletons and zombies and players must fight to reclaim the node for the living
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace