Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the PVE design choice in this game ?

Will bosses have interesting tactic or is it gonna be DPS checker like orientale PVE (BDO) so the PVP will be easier to setup ?

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We don't know all the details yet but I am hoping for well thought out and difficult PVE content while balancing open world pvp while in groups.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    We don't know all the details yet but I am hoping for well thought out and difficult PVE content while balancing open world pvp while in groups.

i'm asking this because having quality tactic bosses in a open world pvp seems pretty unrealistic

• Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Heinko wrote: »

i'm asking this because having quality tactic bosses in a open world pvp seems pretty unrealistic

Yea the open world PvX will probably be more simplified compared to the instanced bosses. You just can't have the same level of difficulty open world as in a instance due to pvp and zergs.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    Saedu wrote: »

Yea the open world PvX will probably be more simplified compared to the instanced bosses. You just can't have the same level of difficulty open world as in a instance due to pvp and zergs.

To my knowledge, this isn't a thing. They aren't going to gimp open-world bosses because you can be attacked while doing them and their mechanics will be designed to counter zergs. The best gear comes from open-world bosses and they have said they are fine with it being hard for people to clear them.

Only thing they have told us is they plan on having challenging pve content. Ideally, you will find a way to avoid pvp while doing your pve.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Keep in mind the absence of fast travel/porting.

If one person sees a raid starting and tells all their pals, it could be an hour before all the griefers gather to oppose the raid.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »

If one person sees a raid starting and tells all their pals, it could be an hour before all the griefers gather to oppose the raid.

If they make the open world bosses like Lineage 2.. it could take hours to beat them.. no kidding.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Oh yes, I remember, I was there trying to heal...and rez was necessary.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I remember, I was there trying to heal...and rez was necessary.

My bad.. I forgot you played. I was a crappy Gladiator.. so I was either dead most of the time.. or getting a rez so I could die again lol.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Recluse74 wrote: »

If they make the open world bosses like Lineage 2.. it could take hours to beat them.. no kidding.

Or if they make them like good games, it could take years.

Open world raid content on EQ2's PvP servers was often never killed.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

Im sorry Mr. One upper... I should have asked you before I posted.
  • Options

That's just straight up bad game design and hard to call a good game in this scenario
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    edited April 2021

That's just straight up bad game design and hard to call a good game in this scenario

It sort of was bad game design. But only because the encounters were designed to be extremely challenging without PvP, which made them impossible with PvP.

Since the game wasn't about PvP at all, they didn't bother altering the content to take it in to consideration - since PvP was only on two servers. The developers even kind of taunted the PvP players with it. I vaguely remember a joke going around that one of these encounters dropped an item with a PvP only effect on it.

I am fairly sure this makes EQ2 the only game in existence to have content designed to be extremely hard in a non-PvP setting also exist in that exact same form in a PvP setting - which I agree is bad game design.
  • Options

Now you know for next time.
  • Options

Now you know for next time.

Not really, do not care what you think ;)