Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"The Association of AoC Healers" or Discussion of All Things Relating to Healing

tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm opening this thread as a place where folks interested in playing as a Healer, or just interesting in Healing, can discuss. While much more can be talked about once we get into the game Alphas and a lot of what we talk about now will be speculation, we can still learn a lot from each other. Lot's of us have extensive healing experience in many different games.

Things that might be worth looking into include:
- Best healing weapons and best gear/jewels for Healers
- Cast time verses Heal power preferences
- Finding groups and guilds which appropriately respect and treat healers
- PvP for healers, where to be, who to target, etc.
- Multi-Healer groups, communication, responsibilities
- Discussion of AoC Healer spells
- Discussion of 2nd professions for Healers and what combos are best for what situations
- Ways to avoid being PKed
- Getting to know who is a good Healer and who isn't
- Setting up server-wide about competent people to group with and who to avoid
- Other tips and tricks of the trade

And anything else that comes to mind.

Comments

• Options
    So, of the Cleric skills, which do you think look the most useful in a PvE / PvP setting?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm not sure what kind of secondary archetype i would choose for this, but when they released the cleric showcase video I was really excited to see that there was medium to small range abilities. Would love to be wearing chain mail and getting in the face of the enemies, throwing out debuffs and buffs and healing other melee while damaging and stunning.

I hope there is a spellcaster cleric version too, although it might not be as fun. There is something about sitting in the back throwing out those big heals tho. I played a holy priest in WoW, and I had so much fun because all I did was pump out those massive heals.

It will be interesting to see how many cleric healers you will need for a party of 8. 8 people is to the point where you will need more than one healer, but the game is gonna be balanced around having one of each primary archetype, so will you need another person or 2 to have cleric secondary? Will be interesting to find out
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm going to have to play with the skills and see how they work, see how powerful they are and what the mob behavior is.

In L2 I really powered up my cast time and sleep spells. When I could keep an opponent slept then I could usually kill them, even in pvp, though it would take quite a while! So I am wondering how much we can improve our cast time and also if we are going to have the equivalent of a L2 sleep. Some of the augments from religions and Divine nodes are still so sketchy that it is hard to tell.

What do you think about the Cleric skills so far? What are your ideas?
  • Options
    I can see needing to keep Damnation and Judgement up to weaken the boss, and then Castigation for the group resource gain. I think these three would be my main skills, and I'd be wanting to keep them at 100% uptime.

I'd want to see how effective Divine Censure and Hallowed Ground are - they look interesting, too.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When it comes to healing, the main thing I'm looking for is choices in gameplay, and by that I mean I want to game to make me choose at any given moment whether to deal damage or heal someone.

If I'm able to heal and dps with the same single button press, I will get bored very very quickly.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    In my class planning thread response I said I wanted to be a bard. There were like 3 classes of bard I was thinking about and one of them was the spirit weaver. If I could be an off healer who didn't necessarily focus on healing specifically that would be nice. I don't really want to be a main healer, but I wouldn't mind it if healing was just an extra thing I did that I barely had to think about.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East