Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Little feedback/Guild name reservation

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hello there Intrepid,

Can I suggest something to the leading team? My suggestion would be to have the guild name reservation a la carte. Same for a character name (even if I got the Voyager Plus pack already. I would suggest to lets us pay for get 1 more name reservation for a total of 2. OR only for thoses who have a pack under V+ for a total of 1 name.). I would pay easily an extra 50 to 70 US dollar to have a guild name secured.

Good luck in your game project, I cannot wait to jump in!

A truly fan of AoC,
JeanPhilippeQC

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The problem with this is that if we can reserve more than one name, people will reserve names of people they want to piss off.

With only one name, people will reserve the name they want. Give me a second, and I'll start picking names of streamers, or names of posters here and reserve those names.

Same with guilds. One in thirty people need guild name reservations at best. If you start handing them out, even if they cost money, people will start abusing them.

To me, it's well worth 70 cents per person to piss off some 100+ player guilds that are looking at Ashes.

Basically, the more name reservations are made available, the greater the chances of people paying to reserve a name other than the one they want.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand your concern @JeanPhilippeQC . I would hate to not have my guild name available. However, in a scenario that we don't get our original name, I have some back up names ready. I agree with Noaani that making more reservations available would be bad. Even I would pay .70 to just have additional names reserved to troll other people lol.