Stopping someone from intentionally making you corrupted

So im loving the idea of the corrupted system and the mercenaries and all that but there is one thing im somewhat concerned about, How are you planning to prevent people suicide diving into attacks/spells to forcefully make you corrupted.
Example, im out farming idk, wolves and im doing a channel ability and in the last second another player that has intentionally put themselves on low hp jumps infront of my attack, essentially killing themselves to corrupt me. Im unaware if this has been discussed before but it seems like a pretty large loophole

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You have to target a player first for corruption to happen

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Definition:Forced_attack
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • WarthWarth Member
    loophole doesn't work
  • Nagash wrote: »
    You have to target a player first for corruption to happen

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Definition:Forced_attack

i see, thank you
  • YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited April 2021
    I guess it might be a possibility if it was an action AoE skill though in a unique zone type. Still incredibly unlikely as I doubt it will be a big enough issue even if people did do that. Sounds like a hilarious horror movie though.

Attack of the Noobs. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • There is a key modifier, like alt, that when pressed and you use your ability, it will target non-combatants. If you don't press that key down when casting abilities, it will be impossible for the person to try to suicide to it.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    Accidental corrupting can occur by unintentional pressing of wrong key combinations but likely very, very rare.

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "A" for auto-attack.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In L2 days, I had Nostromo pad with hotkeys configured for pvp and many a time flagged when did not intend to.

I think from memory, but could be wrong, we even accidently killed on team in the heat of the moment on occasions.