Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

All About Character Creation

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Not sure if this topic has been raised before, so I thought I would throw it out there add a few questions to get the ball rolling:
  1. How many characters per account are planned
  2. Will there by purchasable additional slots
  3. Will you be able to have characters in multiple guilds
  4. Will one guild know if you are online on another character
  5. Is there still planned to have an off line character creation
  6. Will this be sharable?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Some of these we can have some fairly good guesses with.

Intrepid want the game to have an element of espionage between guilds, this means that it would need to be possible to have characters in multiple guilds, but not possible for guilds to know if you are online on a character not in that guild.

The rest there I don't think we have an answer for yet.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    akabear wrote: »
    Not sure if this topic has been raised before, so I thought I would throw it out there add a few questions to get the ball rolling:
    1. How many characters per account are planned
      No solid answer yet. They said a comfortable amount. Speculation is 8 based off of the 8 archetypes.
      There will be a "comfortable" number of character slots on launch.[3]
    2. Will there by purchasable additional slots.

3. Probably not. But maybe. Don't think I have seen this brought up before. Can you get more slots and how maybe Friday's Q&A.
    4. Will you be able to have characters in multiple guilds
      Yes. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alts#Character_slots
    5. Will one guild know if you are online on another character
      No. Alts on the same account can join different guilds.[5]
      Intrigue, espionage and intelligence gathering is a legitimate aspect of the game.[5]
    6. Is there still planned to have an off line character creation
      Good question. As far as we know yes, but no nailed down solid yes from them. There was a recent thread(last 6-8months) on this that got really long. Maybe Friday's Q&A.
    7. Will this be sharable?
      The Idea from Steven was to open it up early and have contests. Is this still the plan not sure. Maybe ask for Friday's Q&A.

Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.