Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can't wait for the NDA to end

For all of us who aren't going to be participating in alpha 1 the NDA ending is very exciting. I can't wait to hear what any players outside of the team have to say or what input they have for changes. Does anyone have predictions of things players want changed from the early builds?
Just looking for a good time with chill people

Comments

• Options
    Zaxsin wrote: »
    Does anyone have predictions of things players want changed from the early builds?

Well, the archetype name for the Ta......

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Zaxsin wrote: »
    Does anyone have predictions of things players want changed from the early builds?

Well, the archetype name for the Ta......

giphy.gif

Stop it you monster !!!!

All jokes aside, I am curious to hear more about the available classes and the feel and feedback they got for combat.

Haven't you heard that there is too much spinning and swirling acrobatics??..... Ok I'll stop that as well.

UI and menus are also interesting to me as it often can make or break inventory management and other social functions.

Nodes and their intrinsic systems I'd be curious to hear about. How natural and rewarding does it feel? etc.

The rest I'm fairly confident on that it'll just be iteratively refined, as it seems to be mostly aesthetic. But the core elements are the ones I listed above (or so I believe)
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Anyone not covered by an NDA is probably waiting to see the NDA drop before passing comment.
    Anyone covered by an intrepid NDA isn't going to say anything before the NDA drop unless they want to risk losing their account. I don't know the exact terms of the NDA drop (nor should I); it could just apply to everything going forwards and keep historical test data undisclosed.

With these caveats in place, I predict that upon seeing the A1 testers the community will want these obvious changes:
    Action Combat vs. Tab Targeting changes (both sides will argue back and forth)
    Stealth adjustments (nerf vs. buff; both sides will argue back and forth)
    Ability balance adjustments (several will want their favored Archetype to be OP, whilst nerfing all others!)
    Movement improvements
    More visual polish, more biomes, more systems, i.e. more content

Most improvements will come naturally as part of the development process. If there's anything that stands out as "plain wrong" then I am sure it will be corrected, quoting the early fireball animation as one example. There will be a huge amount of tester feedback to work through, which should take priority over what the wider community has to say. Resolving that feedback will keep Intrepid busy for months. Then they will have hundreds of "fix this" forum posts to consider....

It's Alpha 1, I'll be happy to see it, but I'm deliberately ignoring all expectations so that I can judge the game for what it is at this stage of development.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah I cant wait for it to end. My guildmates keep bugging me to tell them things
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    @Nagash
    IRC Summoner wasn't in A-1 correct? So no Necromancer feedback once NDA lifts? That sucks...
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Asgerr wrote: »
    @Nagash
    IRC Summoner wasn't in A-1 correct? So no Necromancer feedback once NDA lifts? That sucks...

Sadly no. I think summoner is alpha 2
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Yeah I cant wait for it to end. My guildmates keep bugging me to tell them things
    Lol, no need to flex. But yes, I would be dying to hear about it too.
    Just looking for a good time with chill people
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The first rule of NDA is you do not talk about the NDA
    The second rule of the NDA is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE NDA
    The third rule of the NDA is it lifts when it lifts. Soon(tm)
    The forth rule of the NDA no matter how much people beg and bribe do not talk about what you've seen
    The fifth rule of the NDA one NDA at a time
    The sixth rule of the NDA No shoes No pants while playing the NDA
    The seventh rule of the NDA, NDA's will go on as long as they have to
    The eighth rule of the NDA If this is you first time You have to get into the NDA and break stuff for good data points for the Devs. So they can fix things and be rewarded the tacos and scooby snacks vs Sandal beatings(unless they are into that sort of thing)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The forth rule of the NDA no matter how much people beg and bribe do not talk about what you've seen
    The eighth rule of the NDA If this is you first time You have to get into the NDA and break stuff for good data points for the Devs. So they can fix things and be rewarded the tacos and scooby snacks vs Sandal beatings(unless they are into that sort of thing)

I think you may have broken a few of the rules there!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Saedu wrote: »

I think you may have broken a few of the rules there!

Specifically, the shoes and pants rule.
    tut tut
    I wish I were deep and tragic