Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Commoner Clothing

Have you ever thought a world full of people thinking they're the main character would look odd. I mean, I get not everyone will be dripped from head to toe, but personally I feel like it would be strange to walk into a tavern and a knight in full plate male is serving you. I probably need to read more about the cosmetics of the game, but I think it would be interesting if the more common folk would look more common. Or maybe there is class specific gear sets like Albion Online where you can identify what people are doing based on their armor. I think a cool work around would be having an adventuring set and a set for the role you play as a citizen of a node. But a world full of glowing armor and effects is nothing new to MMOs, so I get if that's what people enjoy.
What are your thoughts on townie aesthetics?
Just looking for a good time with chill people

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think we will get "commoner clothing".
    Steven has said that everyone who returns to Verra is a hero and the clothing will reflect that.
    I would love to have some peasant clothing and some villainous clothing.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    A natural way to fix this would be to give common clothing stats that boost performance at certain tasks - which totally makes sense.

Blacksmithing Apron +5% heat capacity
    Widebrim Basketweave Hat +5% farming skill haste

That said, I'm fine if everyone is wearing full armour. Makes the world feel more like a place where everyone is always prepared to face danger.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    @maouw i really hope it will be the case that there will be artisan " gear" that looks the part. As an artisan, i hope i will atleast if only cosmetic be able to look the part.
    having my workshop at the docks going around in full plate would feel kinda odd.
    irkallu.jpg
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love to see all forms of commoner clothing. NPC's especially should look like normal city folk. People who come to Verra are not all coming to kill the biggest bosses and go to war. Most of the NPC's will be regular people just trying to rebuild civilization. It's us (the assholes) who are there to tear it all apart in a struggle for power.

Me though, I want to look as close to this as possible. b326b24d5da2c8ad8ea72c5664fe4f67.jpg
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Khronus wrote: »
    I would love to see all forms of commoner clothing. NPC's especially should look like normal city folk. People who come to Verra are not all coming to kill the biggest bosses and go to war. Most of the NPC's will be regular people just trying to rebuild civilization. It's us (the assholes) who are there to tear it all apart in a struggle for power.

Me though, I want to look as close to this as possible. b326b24d5da2c8ad8ea72c5664fe4f67.jpg

Greenskin filth
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    XenraXenra Member
    Perhaps armor crafting can make statless pieces. I haven't delved into things yet until the ND lifts but if crafting has a progression level where you need to make many items you could incorporate stateless 'civilian' clothes. Though settlements can be under siege and would be pretty lame to be caught in your 'civi' attire. Perhaps a in town armor set and while not in combat you look that way? Then if you go into combat it auto swaps you back to your stated out full plate.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Greenskin filth

WAAAGH!!!
  • Options
    That's what I thought, too.
    But, Steven said that everyone courageous enough to return to Verra is a hero - and was a hero on Sanctus.
    He seems to think everyone needs to have been prepped to participate in killing the biggest bosses.
    I would like to see what the Artisan clothing looks like, though.
  • Options

Greenskin filth

WAAAGH!!!

RATTLE MY BONES!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited April 2021

Greenskin filth

WAAAGH!!!

but_that_s_heresy_by_adhadh_ddpbdb8-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ1NCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1MWYzMTUwLWY2MDgtNDU1Ni1iZWNmLWM4MzMzZGY4NjAwMlwvZGRwYmRiOC02ZTVmOTAxZS1lNDUzLTQ5MGMtYjJhNC05YWI3YWIzNWRlY2QucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.qR3S6wh4kxyu8srVhUCcJ-Y5Dk3G1RgJCu_S8Sqey5Q

Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    Knight in full plate armor serving you? Excuse you, 'tis muh tavern! :P
    I guess with the tavern system, depending on how it works, I wouldn't have armor off unless as someone else said certain clothing gives you better jobs stats (like cooking or brewing) or I have "costumes" slots (like 1 to 5) and can have it saved and put them on.
    Q7a6dqA.png
  • Options
    ZaxsinZaxsin Member
    I read the wiki and there will be NPCs serving at the tavern who will presumably be wearing cloths according. Still would be funny to demand the manager and a hulking knight comes from the back
  • Options
    Zaxsin wrote: »
    I read the wiki and there will be NPCs serving at the tavern who will presumably be wearing cloths according. Still would be funny to demand the manager and a hulking knight comes from the back

I want to speak to your manager

*ork bladelord comes out from the back* I am the manager
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    ZaxsinZaxsin Member
    Zaxsin wrote: »

I want to speak to your manager

*ork bladelord comes out from the back* I am the manager

Uhhhh uhhhhhhh, this mead is.... delicious!!! He heh