Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion on a lifeskill job

Preservation job, where food, organic matter have a decay time (maybe a month or any reasonable time), to fully preserve the organic items will require certain non organic materials to preserve it before able to sell on the auction market.

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not a bad idea, maybe it could be put under the herbalist
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    Kaielogy wrote: »
    Preservation job, where food, organic matter have a decay time (maybe a month or any reasonable time), to fully preserve the organic items will require certain non organic materials to preserve it before able to sell on the auction market.

You mean salt or ice?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Kaielogy wrote: »

You mean salt or ice?

Also vinegar, air drying, and it's high fantasy so you could invent 2895 substances for preserved goods.

To expand on the idea, they could be ingredients for some dishes.
    I'm just not sure how deep they want to make the cullinary system, and whether there will be enough demand for it.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Gosh darn it, you guys!

Here I am trying to avoid preservatives in my food IRL, and I can't even do it in an MMO....

• Options
    Positive of this job is that it increases realism, second more variety of jobs and teamwork literary a preservation factory can be made, third increases more uses for other items, don't have to create new resource for this job, basically you can use food condiments like salt, vinegar etc to preserve low level food, for higher level food or organic items you can start adding in more condiments needed for the preservation, such as processed potions or other alchemy products to preserve them. Lastly, this is so good for resource sinks, meaning to prevent people from HOARDING a huge amount of resources that they can't preserve in the short amount of time, this will give space for solos or casual players to farm the same resources needed.
    Sign up using my referral link! https://ashesofcreation.com/r/UIT3DTKQYRXWQJXR

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

• Options
    I like lifeskills :D the more the better
  • Options
    Gosh darn it, you guys!

Here I am trying to avoid preservatives in my food IRL, and I can't even do it in an MMO....

What about:
    fermented foods!

That also covers your wines, cheeses and other fancy delicacies.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kionashi wrote: »

I also want more deathskills like mumification
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Kionashi wrote: »

I also want more deathskills like mumification

No.
    Bodies are not food.

What even..
    I just..
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When you max out your harvesting skill you should have the option of using GMOs to automatically preserve your goods, or you can opt out and get a 'GMO free!' tag on your item. You don't get any benefits from it being GMO free but some players will pay more for it regardless.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand your idea but I honestly can't stand timers like this on items. Anything that forces me to use items or log in to use the items before they decay just make me feel like I need to be on all day long to maximize profit. Conan Exiles had a decay timer on so many things and you had to build a fridge and put ice into it to prevent the decay of every item in the fridge. I always thought this was so dumb because the ice never melted. So realism but then also not realism.

As a guild leader, I am going to help everyone organize everything and I definitely don't want to have to deal with decaying food, herbs, fish, animals and whatever else might have it. Especially considering there will probably be a LOT of materials since most of the gear will need to be crafted in AoC. I prefer to focus on recruiting, helping people learn rotations, creating content for the guild/community, roaming, raiding and the rest.